Children's Benylin, raspberry flavour is good, mix with a good dollop of honey and spoon feed them, dogs love it!

Can't see the point in pouring the honey over their food and I believe spraying into the dogs throat will piss them of,..just my opinion!

using cough medecine wont treat the infection - it will only provide temporary relief from the symptoms. get some anti biotics for them and treat twice a day. the stuff i got came in a syringe like a paste. keep your dogs seperate from each other. throw away their bedding, disinfect the kennels and runs. it has an incubation period of around 2 weeks.

good luck

run your shower nice and hot so your bathroom steams up, bring your dog in for 5mins (dont put him/her in the shower, just in the room) . The steam moistens the mucus in their throat and releives the cough.

It's rife at the minute, but childrens benylin will relieve some of the systoms. Unfortuntely when one dog gets it the others normally will. You can vax against it but bit of a waste of time unless dog going into kennels.

Keep dog/dogs away from all others even if they dont show symptoms. Some dogs get it worse than others, some will just sneeze a bit- others will be really raspy & get bad green snot- if they get to this stage you;ll need antibiotics, otherwise it normally clears itself.

Be more careful with dogs- its airbourne anyway. IT will clear up

As above it's a virus, very like the human cold, and as such antibiotics won't help but it can lead to a secondary bacterial infection which may need them. Treat as you would yourself if you had a bad cold/cough ie warm, well fed and rested. If not improving vets, any signs of bacterial infection vets not sure vets.

It's very infectious and it'll probable be in the paper as canine flu pamdemic lol.

Pholocodiene will relive the symptoms abs wont work as it is a virus got that from a vet too.The pholocodoene is 5ml spoonful 3 or 4 times a day hope this helps worked a treat on my pals dog recently.Also make sure clean fresh waters on hand and soak there food a bit more so they can eat with ease and not irritate their throat

• 2 weeks later...

Some years we have been plagued down here in Essex by it.

TBH i dont do anything other than isolate ALL of my dogs if it happens.

Unless i thought one was really suffering or had a secondry infection i wouldnt even visit the vet- they are best under "kennel lockdown"

It can be miserable for the dog with lessoned appetite and gooey eyes etc but like us having a cold it does usually run its course- keeping the dogs warm and comfortable usually sees them good in no time.

An adult healthy dog in my experience gets over this without any lasting problems quickly

Hi just want to know the best wa to get rid of kennal cough. Thanks
childrens benilyn but make sure its the chesty cough one it contains codine.or if you know any one that using codine phosphate tablets as pain relief you can adminster 8mg per 20 lb body wieght but no more than 40 mgs a day