YOUR FURTHEST SHOT ON TARGETS

RAMCAM

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

some of you talk about "i paced it back and it was 68 yds". well let me tell you something its NOT!!!. firstly to get a correct measure in a paced step ,take a large step and i don't mean do the splits.

and measure from heel to heel mine is 0.900 of a yd x that by 68 = 61.2yds.

every one will be different because of size I'm only 5.7" so this is how to get a correct measure and log,so to all who have shot long shots and have paced it out and haven't used this method YOUR WRONG!!!! :tongue2:

i found this site very useful for calculations

http://www.airgun-hq.co.uk/AirgunTools/tabid/54/Default.aspx

regards

davy

some of you talk about "i paced it back and it was 68 yds". well let me tell you something its NOT!!!. firstly to get a correct measure in a paced step ,take a large step and i don't mean do the splits.

and measure from heel to heel mine is 0.900 of a yd x that by 68 = 61.2yds.

every one will be different because of size I'm only 5.7" so this is how to get a correct measure and log,so to all who have shot long shots and have paced it out and haven't used this method YOUR WRONG!!!! :tongue2:

i found this site very useful for calculations

http://www.airgun-hq.co.uk/AirgunTools/tabid/54/Default.aspx

regards

davy

haha am taller than you :D

If we are all being honest with ourselfs quarry shot with sub 12 ftlb airguns should be shot at 35 yards or under and at 50 yards with FAC air. However good conditions can let you push these distances out to say 10 yards further but you have to know your range. I also think that some people haven't got a clue what 70 yards looks like and may have over ranged the shot.

Yes live quarry can be dispatched at 60 yards with sub 12 ftlb but it's very irresponsible and I would say that you'd be able to hit 1 in every ten shots at that range.

Unfortunately people will take pot shots and they can't be considered true hunters because when done properly, hunters should give full respect to their quarry. Anyone who doesn't give this repsect to their quarry is either thick or a very inexperienced hunter, either way I hope you get your permission to shoot taken away from you because you don't deserve it.

Pot shots at live quarry are WRONG!

Its nice to try to be the most correct airgun hunter mate, but there are people who know how to shoot (potshots).

http://www.100mairgun.nl/category/Wedstrijdresultaten.aspx The winner in the "springgun" class, was a guy with a un tuned Webley patriot. ;):clapper:

I used to use my HW100 and Typhoon that day.

Mmmm........some interesting responses. I do worry though that some people doubt what has been claimed. The post was originally about "targets" this infers that it is not game. So hitting a target at long range is not irresponsible, reckless or in actual fact lucky. Shooting game however at long range with a low powered air rifle could without doubt be classified as less than clever, unless it was a rat in which case they deserve to suffer (I hate them with a passion most of you could only dream of!). So before everyone gets caught up in a slagging match about whats possible and who's lying, let's just remember that this is an age old thread that comes up in every pub all over the world every day, sometimes its about how big was the fish you caught that day to how fast you can take a corner in an XR2..........So lets not slate the claims, take them as you feel..........Besides look how many responses there have been to this thread! We are in a "cyber pub"

For the record mine was a rat at 20yds with a BSA supersport with open sight. I could only see his nose poking out of a hole the size of a tea cup.

VERY satisfying!

Swampy

Unfortunately people will take pot shots and they can't be considered true hunters because when done properly, hunters should give full respect to their quarry. Anyone who doesn't give this repsect to their quarry is either thick or a very inexperienced hunter, either way I hope you get your permission to shoot taken away from you because you don't deserve it.

Pot shots at live quarry are WRONG!

Its nice to try to be the most correct airgun hunter mate, but there are people who know how to shoot (potshots).

http://www.100mairgun.nl/category/Wedstrijdresultaten.aspx The winner in the "springgun" class, was a guy with a un tuned Webley patriot. ;):clapper:

I used to use my HW100 and Typhoon that day.

I wish they had ranges like that in the west midlands best i could find is 20 metres at Ardesly Stadium. I have a HW100t MTC Viper 8-32x60 AGIR and the HW97k v-mach 6-24x50 tasco vermint great rifles mate, do you know of any clubs that i could shoot at those ranges. :)

post-21616-1236183380_thumb.jpg

post-21616-1236183431.jpg

Edited by RAMCAM
Mmmm........some interesting responses. I do worry though that some people doubt what has been claimed. The post was originally about "targets" this infers that it is not game. So hitting a target at long range is not irresponsible, reckless or in actual fact lucky. Shooting game however at long range with a low powered air rifle could without doubt be classified as less than clever, unless it was a rat in which case they deserve to suffer (I hate them with a passion most of you could only dream of!). So before everyone gets caught up in a slagging match about whats possible and who's lying, let's just remember that this is an age old thread that comes up in every pub all over the world every day, sometimes its about how big was the fish you caught that day to how fast you can take a corner in an XR2..........So lets not slate the claims, take them as you feel..........Besides look how many responses there have been to this thread! We are in a "cyber pub"

For the record mine was a rat at 20yds with a BSA supersport with open sight. I could only see his nose poking out of a hole the size of a tea cup.

VERY satisfying!

Swampy

Nicely said mate i totaly agree mate. :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Edited by RAMCAM

It was about 875 yards away. Chester Zoo 1996 I sneaked my Gat gun in and dropped a bull elephant that was 875 yards away with a headshot. You have to use the pointed pellets on dangerous game at such extreme Gat gun ranges you see.