Peg snares

I got woodga's dvd off a mate a while back and thought i wouldnt mind having a go at snaring i had set a few as a kid with out any success anyway a few weeks back i bought some brass wire and eyes from Northeast Fieldsports and followed woodga's dvd on how to make snares up i used a old hand drill to spin them up and it worked ok. I then had a go at making the tealers after making a few dodgy ones i got the hang of it then i cut some dry ash for pegs i couldn't get hold of any bailer twine to attach them so used some thicker nylon .Ive been reading all glens woodga's and p&g's stuff on the site to try and learn a bit and had a few trips out with IanB and set some fence wires and got my first rabbits in wires . I know snaring is not everyones cup of tea but i am finding it interesting and theres a lot more to it than you would think.

some peg snares i made

DSCF0001sn.jpg

fence snares

DSCF0003sn.jpg

DSCF0005sn.jpg

some tealers

DSCF0008sn.jpg

Nice one nobby, them snares you have made are spot on for your first attempt, you must be a natural handyman, as them ferret boxes, knifes, etc you made are spot on too.... :yes:

I'm back home in a week, we will have a run out, and see what we can manage.... Had an email off chris showing me his columbian drugs baron machine, you will need to get a few shooters for when your cruising in that nobby and some bling :D Pablo Fieldmarshall or what!! :laugh: ...

Hes wanting a look out with the dog when I get back so we'll take some footage and get it on the site... :)

SAY HALLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND ( spanish accent) :gunsmilie: cant wait to get the mucky dogs in his motor

yes your right ian very handy is our nobby, was up ferreting with woodga last week , noticed his fert box was the same as mine. :clapper:

SAY HALLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND ( spanish accent) :gunsmilie: cant wait to get the mucky dogs in his motor

yes your right ian very handy is our nobby, was up ferreting with woodga last week , noticed his fert box was the same as mine. :clapper:

Nice muddy wellies is what it needs tomo :laugh:

Yes nobby is one of the good guys, sound is our nobby :kiss: ..

those wires have only one thing wrong with them :whistling: they should be dressing a rabbit run very well made tealers there nobby and im sure you will have many a happy enjoyable session in the field the way you have your fence wires though is a bit suspect :whistling:

those wires have only one thing wrong with them :whistling: they should be dressing a rabbit run very well made tealers there nobby and im sure you will have many a happy enjoyable session in the field the way you have your fence wires though is a bit suspect :whistling:
correct me if i am wrong, it may just be the light reflecting of the brass wire. the nooses look a bit rough, use a weight and spin them by hand like woodga showed . and that i do , and you get a nice tightly spun and very smooth wire loop , other than that you are doing very well .