one of my freinds is into parachuting and wants me to go with him, it looks a bit risky

you have to do a few training sessions first

just wondering if anyone knows anything about it and how dangerous is it??

Done it just the once, it was a tandem jump. 13,000 ish ft,

It was in aid of a cancer research charity.

With it only being a tandem jump, the training was minimal, a short lesson of say 30 mins.

I am sure that if YOU intended to throw yourself out alone and not with the aid of being strapped to somebody, then a few lessons would be in order.

It was one of the best experiences i have had and was over a bit too quick (bit like sex :icon_redface: ).

Dont worry about the dangers, lol, your more likely to get killed by a rouge goat.

Get on with it and enjoy :thumbs:

one of my freinds is into parachuting and wants me to go with him, it looks a bit risky

did a jump about ten years ago now best buzz ever,my friend did it with me but broke his ankle ,the ambulance guy said there are two things that fall out of the sky ,thats bird shit and c**ts which one are you?if you listen to the instructer this wont happen though !!!!!!!!!!!

The thing that worries me is that what if the parachute doesent open lol.

Take your chute back to the guy who packed it,trust me,if you turn up at his door you get a refund ;)

You're jumping out of a perfectly good aeroplane attached to... err... some cloth... :icon_eek:

What's safe about it? :hmm:

Watch This Idiot Jump Of A Dam, Attached To Some Cloth.

Alright, it's not a plane, it's a base jump, but the principle is the same. Jump! Pull Cord! Experience! Make sure the sound is on for maximum impact. :)

Looks fun doesn't it?

I'll go ahead and say it. I think anyone that wants to engage in such activity is crazy. Seriously f*****g unhinged. I know a few here had to do it in the military. I'm sure many people enjoy it but if we were meant to fall to earth, unscathed, I can't help but feel we would have some kind of aerodynamic, rather than thermodynamic, ability.

Darwin wins again! Natural selection in full effect. :D

You're jumping out of a perfectly good aeroplane attached to... err... some cloth... :icon_eek:

What's safe about it? :hmm:

Watch This Idiot Jump Of A Dam, Attached To Some Cloth.

Alright, it's not a plane, it's a base jump, but the principle is the same. Jump! Pull Cord! Experience! Make sure the sound is on for maximum impact. :)

Looks fun doesn't it?

I'll go ahead and say it. I think anyone that wants to engage in such activity is crazy. Seriously f*****g unhinged. I know a few here had to do it in the military. I'm sure many people enjoy it but if we were meant to fall to earth, unscathed, I can't help but feel we would have some kind of aerodynamic, rather than thermodynamic, ability.

Darwin wins again! Natural selection in full effect. :D

Holy shit! :icon_eek: That looked a like it would have stung a bit........

Yeah I suppose it's a different thing but that what happens when equipment fails. At least this guy appeared to survive but in fairness he fell a few hundred feet instead of a few thousand.

I certainly wouldn't want to stop someone throwing themselves out of a plane, or off a bridge, if that's what they really want to do, but if it goes wrong it will really f*****g hurt! Although if you snuff it then you're not going to feel anything. :D

I dunno... I just think it's really f*****g stupid. :D

just wondering if anyone knows anything about it and how dangerous is it?? WAS IN PARAS 15 YEARS NEVER HAD A PROBLEM OR HEARD OF ANY MAJOR ONES YOULL BE OK, HAVE FUN