Three requests, three denials!

Just been out to three locations, two caravan parks & a farm, trying to get some local permission for next season, all within about 3/4 mile from where I live.

All three are currently lifting with rabbits, I've never seen so many rabbits there in all my 30 years.

Asked at the first, the reply was a polite, 'Yes, we do have a rabbit problem, but we sort it out ourselves in the winter with traps. Thank you for offering.'

At the second, you'd have thought I'd have walked up to them and asked to do dirty things to the family dog!

I walked into the reception and said politely;

'Hi, I'm looking around the area, offering a free bit of rabbit control.....'

That was as far as I got! The woman behind the desk exploded with rage!

'The rabbits on this property are protected, if we catch you taking one rabbit you'll be prosecuted!'

I said, 'Sorry love, but no rabbits are protected in the UK. Every square inch of land is covered by the rabbit control act, brought in in the 50's'

'What a load of rubbish,' she said, 'the rabbits are protected by the deeds to the property, and if you come here, you'll be prosecuted!'

I then said, 'Listen love, I wouldn't dream of coming onto your land without permission, why do you think I came in here and asked? You won't see me on here, don't worry!'

I felt like saying that maybe she owned the rights to the rabbits on her property, but that didn't exclude her from having to take measures to control them, but I thought better of it, as there was no reasoning with the stupid cow.

She seemed to get off her high horse a bit after my remark about not going there, so I left it.

The last place was a farm shop that serves a large farm. I asked the bloke behind the desk about doing a bit of control with the ferrets, and he said,

'No thank you, we don't do any of that here.'

P*sses me off, as there are literally hundreds of rabbits, within 5 mins walk from where I live, and I'm not allowed to get at them!

Years ago, no-one even asked for permission round here, I'm starting to realise why now.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit luck that is mate ...... the problem aswell is that with there being alot in a small area no dought Myxi will set into them at some stage..... Wonder what that woman behind the desk will think of that when she's stepping over blind half dead skeleton carcasses :thumbdown:

Shit luck that is mate ...... the problem aswell is that with there being alot in a small area no dought Myxi will set into them at some stage..... Wonder what that woman behind the desk will think of that when she's stepping over blind half dead skeleton carcasses :thumbdown:

My thoughts exactly. One dose of mixy, and with the populations so dense in such a small area, I fear the worst. :yes:

Some folk are just born arseholes and never seem to graduate .Can you not get the farmers you know to put a good word in for you at farmers markets etc

Some folk are just born arseholes and never seem to graduate .Can you not get the farmers you know to put a good word in for you at farmers markets etc

We've got a fair bit of permission else where, at distances between 5 - 20 miles away, but just one out of these 3 would have been very nice!

Its so frustrating mate,you seem to think you have all the angles covered and then you get some ignorant fool who owns the land.Hopefully they will reach plague proportions and she will come begging you.I'm currently in the process of tying to get permission on an estate in coldstream.Only got one more guy to speak to but i think i might swing it.

Guest smashygadge

well maltenbey i had same problem as i moved area and just before christmas was a awfull time for me getting permission .police at the door saying i was a prospector ect ect.so earlier this year rather than talking i made a flyer just wrote it on peice of a4 paper .with my name address and top line stating free rabbit control.then did loads of copys.

as soon as the farmers were seeing that they were saying yes and the peice i wrote on the paper was i was, honest decent lad respect all property will help them with any problems on farm where you can ie walling letting them no of any problems etc for free. even if their not in you can leave them one threw the letterbox and onto the next .now all the permission i have is in walking distance and im getting calls every week some turned away as im over run with it now .if you would like me to try forward you a pik of what ive done i will try post it and let you have a look honestly it works a treat

si :thumbs:

you have gone will maners and courtesy to do them a favour and they dont want a job done for free ,that what makes it hard to understand .i get ,ask your husband to call and see me ,when i tell them its me doing the ferreting they mostly look amazed and look at me as though i couldnt do the job, p*sses me off

Guest smashygadge
you have gone will maners and courtesy to do them a favour and they dont want a job done for free ,that what makes it hard to understand .i get ,ask your husband to call and see me ,when i tell them its me doing the ferreting they mostly look amazed and look at me as though i couldnt do the job, p*sses me off

go get your husband classic one that but iam yet to meet a lady ferreter and i bet your better than most us guys :victory:

Just been out to three locations, two caravan parks & a farm, trying to get some local permission for next season, all within about 3/4 mile from where I live.

All three are currently lifting with rabbits, I've never seen so many rabbits there in all my 30 years.

Asked at the first, the reply was a polite, 'Yes, we do have a rabbit problem, but we sort it out ourselves in the winter with traps. Thank you for offering.'

At the second, you'd have thought I'd have walked up to them and asked to do dirty things to the family dog!

I walked into the reception and said politely;

'Hi, I'm looking around the area, offering a free bit of rabbit control.....'

That was as far as I got! The woman behind the desk exploded with rage!

'The rabbits on this property are protected, if we catch you taking one rabbit you'll be prosecuted!'

I said, 'Sorry love, but no rabbits are protected in the UK. Every square inch of land is covered by the rabbit control act, brought in in the 50's'

'What a load of rubbish,' she said, 'the rabbits are protected by the deeds to the property, and if you come here, you'll be prosecuted!'

I then said, 'Listen love, I wouldn't dream of coming onto your land without permission, why do you think I came in here and asked? You won't see me on here, don't worry!'

I felt like saying that maybe she owned the rights to the rabbits on her property, but that didn't exclude her from having to take measures to control them, but I thought better of it, as there was no reasoning with the stupid cow.

She seemed to get off her high horse a bit after my remark about not going there, so I left it.

The last place was a farm shop that serves a large farm. I asked the bloke behind the desk about doing a bit of control with the ferrets, and he said,

'No thank you, we don't do any of that here.'

P*sses me off, as there are literally hundreds of rabbits, within 5 mins walk from where I live, and I'm not allowed to get at them!

Years ago, no-one even asked for permission round here, I'm starting to realise why now.

sounds like she was on her period LOL

Guest bigredbusa

when you get a bit of permission near the grumpy bitch i would make a point of seeing her again and tell her you will watch her rabbits come over and shoot them . lol feck em

when you get a bit of permission near the grumpy bitch i would make a point of seeing her again and tell her you will watch her rabbits come over and shoot them . lol feck em

:clapper:

and hold them up as you have shot them ,so she can see

:clapper::clapper::clapper: Like it! Notice I told her she wouldn't see me on her land without her permission..... :whistling::laugh:

(NB: Tongue firmly in cheek! :laugh:)