• 1 month later...

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not strictly a firearm but it the latest addition to my FAC rated guns.   Daystate Air ranger .22 running at 30 ft lbs fitted with a MTC viper 4-14x50 and a Weirauch silencer. This is what I boug

All Brownings, ABIII in .308 win, T-bolts in .22LR and .17HMR.

My new .222 set up Tikka T3 action and barrel roedale precision stock  nightforce 3x12x56 scope ace ultra mod 

Posted Images

I got

1. Anschutz .22LR Thumbhole wooden stock with a Pulsar N550( with doubler) and a aluminium mod, made by my gunsmith.

2. Anschutz .17HMR wooden stock (which the owner before me painted gloss black, so rabbits couldnt see it. I know, you couldn't make it up!) with a Sidewinder on top, and another aluminium mod, made by my gunsmith. Tack driver. Sniper systems bipod 6-9". Might get rid of this, or upgrade the stock.

3. Tikka T3 stainless in .243 synthetic stock, with an ASE Utra mod and a Burris variable illuminated on top.

4. Howa .204 black Hogue sporter with Wildcat mod and a Leupold V3 on top. Dedicated NV foxing rifle with Starlight Archer add on

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This once started out as a factory Howa .243. I shot some goats with it then promptly threw out the plastic stock and replaced it with a carbon fibre thingy from Australia (it was difficult to get McMillans at the time). I shot it with 95gr Targex (similar to Berger) on wallabies and tahr out to 450m then moved to Australia and got it rebuilt with the idea of a "modern sako forrester" in mind.

Howa action (trued and side of action has been milled off)

Trueflight ultramatch .260 Remington barrel 1/8 twist

Wild Dog carbon fibre stock with dumb paint work

Roedale 20MOA picatinny rail

P1020852.jpg

Note: the PMII and quick detach Roedale rings are not mine, I just borrowed them.

I currently use two bipods for it, a harris swivel 6-9 and a deal extreme parker hale copy (which is better than the Harris), but they're both getting repalced by an Atlas. Just needs a timney trigger, Roedale/a-tec can and a new scope and it'll be finished. My current buy list is: Browning BL-22 or Buckmark, Benelli M2, and a Blaser R93 professional in 6.5x55

I also have a old AYA side by side for orchard shooting (possums and rabbits).

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

can somone tell me whats the biggest size of grain you can put outof a 223. tikka ???

thanks

from memory the Tikka .223 is like a 1/8 twist so you should be able to shoot 75gr bullets out of it like the 75gr amax. Other bullets like the 77gr SMK might be worth looking at too however you may be restricted by the Tikka mag length.

• 4 weeks later...

My rifles are

A Bruno .22 with a moderator

A Tikka T3 .222 with a Ziess victory Scope, a ASE Utra mod and a Harris bipod

A Sauer 202 (synthetic soft touch) .243 with a Ziess 3-12 x 50 a A-tec mod and Harris bipod

A Rigby .275 no idea what the scope is its ancient!

A Sauer 202 elegance .270 with a Swarovski 3-12x50 with a A-tec mod and a Harris bipod

I have an old BSA airsporter airgun for shooting smuts out of the shed.

Now the shooting season is over can't wait to get out with the rifles more regularly!

• IanB unpinned this topic