OLD V's NEW

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, i read the article you are refering to in your post, whilst i do not agree with all that S Whitehead has written it is his personal opinion at the end of the day. I read many, many articles and do not agree with a lot of things the author may have written, but unless it is blatantly wrong or untrue then i just accept it for what it is and let it ride.

It is sometimes just nit-picking to choose one comment from an article and blow it out of all preportions and it matters little at the end of the day anyway..........unless there is an hidden agenda or point scoring exercise.

Take for example the point raised about the stretching qualities of nylon longnets; all of us who have used long nets for any length of time knows that this ocours but in all honesty what difference does it make if the net stretches 30% or 40%.

Yes nylon nets do stretch a little.........period.

If i replied to every article i disagreed with i would be writing comments all day long.........just enjoy them for what they are and smile at the the authors knowledge (or lack of it) and chill out a bit. I am not taking sides here with this issue, just making some simple observations, we are after all..........hopefully.........all singing from the same hymn sheet. ;)

Rolfe.

mole catcher, thank you for proving my theory about whitehead...... fecking arrogant, his way is the best way and everyone else should follow suit..........

i helped whitehead a few times at the lowther, and then when he got back on the net he was slaggin me off.......

i love the way whitehead says "if you get a bite on a traditional your fecked, but on a quickset you only lose one section"

you can easily repair a traditional nets running line, but try splicing the line of a quickset, and getting the correct tension back into the line.........

anyway, whenever i hsve had a chewed line, i havent "lost" my full net.

you only remain THE MAN if your audiance allows you to remain THE MAN. if he keps spouting lies and misstruths he will fall from grace quicker than he can ever imagine.

I agree with the statement you made mole catcher...same applies to everyone...sadly a magazine doesn't let you anwer it back, and if it does it has a choice of what it lets you say back...

SIMON WHITEWASH ..... THE MAN :doh:

I DONT PERSONALLY KNOW SIMON OR HAVE EVER MET HIM ........ COME TO THINK OF IT , I HAVENT EVEN STOPPED AND WATCH ONE OF HIS LECTURES AT ONE OF THE GAME FAIRS .

THE ONLY THING IVE SEEN OF HIS WERE THE DVDS HES MADE ........... AND ......... PERSONALLY , ONE THING THAT DOESNT SPRING TO MIND IS PROFESSIONAL :no: ... EITHER IN ATTUIDE OR SKILL ,

HIS ARTICLES ? .......... WELL ....... IAM AFRAID I DONT WASTE MY MONEY ON THE MAG HE WRITES FOR ...

AND , .... TO BE HONEST ..... IF " HIS " DVDS AND ARTICLES MAKE HIM WILL MAKE HIM GO ON TO BECOME THE MAN .... IT SHOWS HOW LITTLE THE MAJORITY OF FIELDSPORTS ENTHUSIASTS IN THIS COUNTY REALLY KNOW :no:

DUCKWING :big_boss:

WELL CHALKIE ,

WITH THE ADVENT OF THE INTERNET ..... THE TRUTH COMES OUT .......

WHEATHER THE BUSINESS MEN " WANT " IT TO OR NOT .............

IAM AFRAID THERES NO EDITOR ON THESE SITES LOOKING AFTER ITS CONTRIBUTORS OR ADVERTISERS £££££££

AND NOW THE WORD SOON SPREADS , .......

REMINDS ME OF THAT OLD DYLAN SONG ..... " THE TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGING ! "

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

WELL WHERE DO YOU START WITH THIS THREAD.

FIRST OF ALL MOLE CATCHER IN YOUR FIRST POST YOU SAID IT WASN'T A SLUR OR ABOUT HIS PROFESSIONALISM. YOU THEN GO ON TO ATACK HIM. AND CALL HIS BULLSHIT.

TO BE HONEST I DONT QUITE UNDERSTAND Q1 ,

IN Q2 YOU NEVER ANSWERED THE QUESTION YOUR SELF . YOU JUST STATED THERE IS MORE TO THE TRAD NET THAN JUST STORIGE. SO WHAT IS IT? and yes i have both types of net and started my night netting with the trad style.

Q3 LETS BE HONEST THE FIXED METHOD IS IDIOT PROOF. YOU SAID YOU CANT DICTATE WHER YOU PLACE POLES. I DISSAGREE APART FROM GOING FORWARD OR BACK , YOU CAN CARRY EXTRA WANDS TO HELP IN THESE SITUATIONS..

AND YOU SAY YOU CANT SLACKEN THE FOOT LINE, AND TIGHTEN THE HEAD LINE . OH YES YOU CAN :yes: JUST PLACE THE POLE IN SHORT , AND TWIST THE HEAD LINE ROUND.

Q6 THIS IS THE BIT YOU MENTION NEEDING TO CARRY TWO BASKETS, AGAIN NOT TRUE

IF YOU COME TO A FENCE AND YOU HAVE POLES AND NET LEFT , JUST LIFT THEM OUT OF THE BASKET AND PLACE THEM ON THE GROUND, CLIME FENCE AND START A FRESH NET THE OTHER SIDE. MOST OF THE BASKETS ARE ABLE TO CARRY 2 100 YRD NETTS

OR IF THERES A LOT OF NET LEFT JUST LET THE NET GO OVER THE TOP OF THE FENCE , YES YOU WILL LOOSE ONE SECTION OF NET.

now then there are some questions i didn't answer , i was not sure about the amount of strech and was suprised that it was that much.

perhaps you fellas know simon better than I , but i have met him on a number of ocasions , and speak with him from time to time,on the phone . he has always given me good advise and has even put work my way.

so i have a lot of time for him , i have never found him to be arogant , or even thought he was trying to climb some kind of fame ladder. you guys obvoiusly see him difret to me.

yes he does the shows in the summer, nowt wrong in earning ££££££££ .

to be honest i dont agree with evrything he said in the post , but like was said erlier it was his opinion, as this is my opinion. i honestly think you were being very picky, about the article