Sunday/Monday lunch

Just boned and jerked half a pork belly will put it in the smoker later on or early tomorrow , stuffed with spring onions and proper jerk paste , the daughters are away on hockey tour and the boys away fishing so a full banquet for when they all return hungry and hungover, the old sauce pan contains applewood chips that are soaking in water for a really slow smoke 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 15

Got a couple chicken breasts yesterday. Gonna slice them stuff with some black pudding. Never did that before someone@work recommended it.

New patototes . Roast tatties carrots peas maybe even a Yorkshire pudding ?

• Like 4

That jerk pork will do the trick, absolutely love it. You can't beat the wet paste, that jerk powder doesn't cut it for me. Not seen it in that brand before, usually use Walkers Wood or Dunnes River pastes. I used to use it to make Jerk Pork and Apple sausages about 10" long, they were very popular when we had BBQ's.

• Like 3

I get the paste in a little Indian shop, it comes from Kingston and has a real good kick, agree a 100 percent about the powdered stuff usually use it to flavour sauce rather that marinating, just done a quick pizza as all this cookings making me hungry and the pork will need 3/4 hours in the smoker at least, enjoying the sunshine at last ??

image.jpeg

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, sussex said:

Got these ready for the charcoal this afternoon along with a coldroom full of beer ...?

A60BD90F-D1C3-4497-A6B8-48350549F78C.thumb.jpeg.f10cdef9f79be8ec06f3e2eda85d4c77.jpeg

Looks good, venison? I,ve had enough of stew,s and curry,s for a while lovely to be doing a bit of summer grub over the coal,s ?

17 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Looks good, venison? I,ve had enough of stew,s and curry,s for a while lovely to be doing a bit of summer grub over the coal,s ?

Hung for 21 days , you could cut it with a wooden spoon ...?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Very very nice that jerked pork mate. Just been down buy some bits and pieces for a evening bbq, thought have a taster fired the bbq up slung half a rib eye in a bap with all the trimmings.  Do it all over again tonight with a few beers to boot.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 1

Made do with a rather healthy sunday lunch, BBQ'd Cyprus style pastirma sausages in pitta bread with tomato salad, absolutely love them. Couple of bottles of red first as an appetiser.

Here's a pic of some I had earlier in the year (hence the use by date)

pastirma1.JPG.26f15652012e587513100996bbf0dd72.JPG