Single magpie

11 minutes ago, Lee.m said:

Good shooting and that is one beautiful rifle I always loved the rapids but they were always a bit pricey for what I could afford 

Thx you ,yes they were for me too when they first came on the go I coudnt afford 1 then and worked away with weihrauchs but now I’m a bit older I decided I could afford 1 and in the fac airgun choice believed they were as good as you could get and very easily serviced and I think it’s ace.

Edited by Dave74
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Well done Dave, that’ll help the songbirds out fella. Nice looking rapid, how many shots/ft lbs are you getting from the 500 bottle?

Thx,if I’m honest I’ve never did a full shot string from full to off reg as I usually always have enuff shots for what I’m doing,only time I’ve run dry is when I’m doing rookeries in May.it has got a few special bits in inc nano reg core and forward sprung valve,it’s running at 40ftlbs with aa 18g so packs a fair punch 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dave74 said:

Thx,if I’m honest I’ve never did a full shot string from full to off reg as I usually always have enuff shots for what I’m doing,only time I’ve run dry is when I’m doing rookeries in May.it has got a few special bits in inc nano reg core and forward sprung valve,it’s running at 40ftlbs with aa 18g so packs a fair punch 

That’s got to be an ideal tool for rookery shooting Dave. I reckon the .22 rapid mk1 with 400cc bottle @ 28ft  lbs is an awesome tool, yours even more so I’d think. Those rapids are just going to go forever. Built strong and easy to service. Proper tools imo.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

That’s got to be an ideal tool for rookery shooting Dave. I reckon the .22 rapid mk1 with 400cc bottle @ 28ft  lbs is an awesome tool, yours even more so I’d think. Those rapids are just going to go forever. Built strong and easy to service. Proper tools imo.

Thx mate,I can say at least 5 12shot mags at that power with 500cc Last year at that power but I do take a few bottles I really should do a proper count,so I will in a short while when there branch jumping,It’s very cabable of dropping pigeons crows magpies etc at 80+yards with chest shots

.And yes there bombproof like and so easy worked on,I also have a sub12 mk2 .20 and a sub12  mfr.22 which is my feral clearance tool of choice.

Heres a pic of it in action 1 evening last early May 

AEED1160-15AC-480C-AD98-33FF5CD423B9.jpeg

Edited by Dave74
  • Like 4