How many working terrier are registred to the Kennel Club ?

16 minutes ago, chesney said:

I think mr.multiple  personalities should just start his own thread even his own site and really have a good chat with himself and his multiple usernames and eventually he might even emerge with just the one and stick to it.

He   might end up falling out with himself 

• Haha 2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not many in my opinion. If you look at the Irish kennel club breeds, only the odd few Wheaten or Glen of Imaal terriers may be seen in the field today. The Irish and Kerry blue terriers were neve

Bliase, you have asked a question on THL and not had much response. I find that a shame as many of us, myself included, have asked questions of yourself and have been given prompt and considered repli

Here in Ireland I would say that 100% of every terrier registered by the IKC was either a worker or it's parents were if you asked the owner. If you asked the owner of every working terrier in Ir

Posted Images

2 hours ago, tinytiger said:

A  breed with a  fair small gene pool, I'd say they'd do well with a cross of working wheaten, the odd "purebred " glen  comes out with long legs.(a breed that peddlers really got  their claws into -a friend of  mine breeds  them--he'd some dublin fella ringing him up giving out about selling glen pups for less than  700 euro )

And then they wonder why the Glen was considered a breed in danger a few years ago !!!!!!!

Of all the Irish breeds IMO they were the most practical in conformation for work in the country and it's a pity they are now rare. IMO a 50 lb wheaten is to much dog for the job they do whereas a 30 - 35 lb Glen was much more sporting but that's just my opinion.

Seeing a picture there of a working West Highland White reminded me of a terrier I did a LOT of digging to in the late 80s ,early 90s. She was a Cairn / Wheaten cross over a Jack Russell and she looked like a wheaten coloured Cairn terrier and believe me, we dug a lot of quarry with her. She was around 12 lbs in weight.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Blaise said:

Never heard such a practise.
How could you judge puppies ?

I've not heard of pups being put down but isn't there something in Germany where the parents have to pass a working test before the pups can be registered?