Rain Cover ?

king

Right I've just finished rebuilding the ferret court.

A lick of paint and trim the roof and it's done.

I've been thinking of making something to cover the front mesh when we get sideways rain.

I have though about some kind of roller blind type thing.

Any ideas ?

post-1341-0-93059100-1509214661_thumb.jpg

Pics come out sideways for some reason.

• Like 3

Nylon coal sack (clean), tacked side on to the roof, with a wooden batton on the inside.

Roll up and place on top in good weather and drop down in horizontal rain. Simples!

I'm not sure if the coal sack will work bosun as the front is just under 5ft I will look o line to see if I can get a similar material.

I've nearly finished the rose walking stick I will get pics posted later for that mate.

You should of had a overhang at the top that would of deflected most of the rain . Ive a 12 inch over hang on mine but its opposite a shed across a pathway so no doubt that offers some shelter

You should of had a overhang at the top that would of deflected most of the rain . Ive a 12 inch over hang on mine but its opposite a shed across a pathway so no doubt that offers some shelter

The bitumen sheets things wernt long enough to allow a big over hang that's why I have the 2 tounge and grove planks acting as a overhang I could add another plank to them but it still wouldn't stop the sideways rain I don't think.

post-1341-0-44806400-1509270366_thumb.jpg

It's the least I can do really lads.

Without the ferrets there is no days ferreting

I made mine 8 x4 with sheets of marine ply and it was like a rectangle , in the end i cut another bit of ply 12 inches wide and built a brace to put it on the roof . It helps it keeps the sun off them in the summer and some of the rain in the winter as long as its no soaken it will do a job and give them a dry draught free area mate . thats all they need

• Like 1

Nylon coal sack (clean), tacked side on to the roof, with a wooden batton on the inside.

Roll up and place on top in good weather and drop down in horizontal rain. Simples!

I'm not sure if the coal sack will work bosun as the front is just under 5ft I will look o line to see if I can get a similar material.

I've nearly finished the rose walking stick I will get pics posted later for that mate.

One of those builders bags they deliver sand and ballast in would do the trick. They're massive.

You gone to all the trouble of making a real nice house, why stick old bags and stuff on it, spend a couple of quid and get a decent lorry tarp made to size, screwed up top, and eylets on bottom with bungees to fix it at the bottom, roll up and bungee out the way when not needed

• Like 2

Go to local builders merchant they will sell a tarp , fastern it across the front with a piece timber roofing strip 2x1 and then hang it down and then at the bottom sandwich the tarp in between two piece roof timber that way it holds it down so not flapping every where then when it's dry lift it up and sit it on the roof out the way till it rains again