Weihrauch Pcp, Air Arms Pcp...or?

Evening all,

In the last month I've been considering buying my first PCP air rifle. Reason being that at present I have plenty of time after work to go to my permissions and keep numbers of vermin down with my springer. The impending onset of fatherhood will mean that I will not be time rich any more and it's therefore important to produce a decent volume of pests shot in the limited windows of time that I'll have to keep the landowners happy (i'd be lying if I said I didn't fancy a new toy as well!). I will still be keeping my HW97 in the back of the truck as standard so as to get a couple of rabbits for the pot after work when I have a free pass, but need something a bit more efficient for when I'm making a day of it.

I will have a budget of approximately £500 and so will be looking firmly at the second hand market.

Rifles that I have been looking at are the Weihrauch HW100KT, Air arms 410 and 510, the 410 being the cheapest on the second hand market as far as I can see. From what I have been reading they all sound like fine rifles, if I found an HW100 around my budget it would likely be my first choice, but what are peoples opinions of these guns? Are any vastly superior or would all of them make me happy?

Are there any other rifles that people would recommend that might be cheaper but of similar quality?

My criteria are: Preferably German or British, multiple shot (10 mag minimum), very accurate and reliability and minimum faff essential.

Ta,

Guy

All of them will make you happy and get one that fits you man.

You'll get more gun for five hundred beans if you chose AA then you will a HW. Just consider though, for an extra 145'ish, you could get a brand spank new 110...

Any of the models your considering will be more accurate than you in all honesty. If your throwing it about in a wagon though, a 510 maybe to long. If you can get a 100 of sorts, do that... speaking honestly though... any will do the job your wanting it too.

My old KT was mint and a proper bag filler. Just a bit boring. For me personally. No character, literally just a tack driver.

Get a KT if you can.

However, thinking about it, Chrismd on here, don't see him as much these days, his 410 does a waaaayyyy good enough job.

• Like 2

BSA ultra , £300 -£400 S/Hand , BSA r10 £450 - £550 S/Hand , HW100k £500 -£600 S/Hand or HW110 £ 580 NEW 120 shots per fill , Two mags

Aye, I saw your post about long range groups with your 110 Villaman, very impressive. Have you tried both rifles? What are the advantages of the 110 over 100? Shots per fill and price or other aspects?

Cheers lads,

Guy

BSA ultra , £300 -£400 S/Hand , BSA r10 £450 - £550 S/Hand , HW100k £500 -£600 S/Hand or HW110 £ 580 NEW 120 shots per fill , Two mags

Aye, I saw your post about long range groups with your 110 Villaman, very impressive. Have you tried both rifles? What are the advantages of the 110 over 100? Shots per fill and price or other aspects?

Cheers lads,

Guy

I have both HW100k and HW110 and both in .177 .

Advantages with HW110 120 shots per fill , Weaver rail , Quieter , better balanced and very accurate , stock has a very nice feel to it and your hand grips it well , goes to the shoulder well

Disadvantage ,only a ten shot mag instead of 14 and at first the mag is fiddly but after a bit it is easy to take out and insert again ,even in the field at night

But any HW 100 or 110 is probably one of the best PCP guns you can buy IMO and that's why i have three of them now

You'll get more gun for five hundred beans if you chose AA then you will a HW. Just consider though, for an extra 145'ish, you could get a brand spank new 110...

Any of the models your considering will be more accurate than you in all honesty. If your throwing it about in a wagon though, a 510 maybe to long. If you can get a 100 of sorts, do that... speaking honestly though... any will do the job your wanting it too.

My old KT was mint and a proper bag filler. Just a bit boring. For me personally. No character, literally just a tack driver.

Get a KT if you can.

However, thinking about it, Chrismd on here, don't see him as much these days, his 410 does a waaaayyyy good enough job.

I only paid £580 for a HW110 and it's regulated ,comes with ,Silencer and two mags ,unlike the AA

• Like 2

If your going to look at the hw110 my advice would be try one first

especially the mag loading it is fiddly and it put me off getting one

well that and the fact they kept putting the release date back

Mitch (vm) is easily pleased

and he likes every one to think he has the best rifles out there :whistling: that money can buy

imo the hw100 in any cal and model

will do

try,d and tested

yes there a tac driver and sole less

but there not like that for nothing

if you need to get rid of a lot of vermin thats the rifle to use

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Get a KT if you can.

I only paid £580 for a HW110 and it's regulated ,comes with ,Silencer and two mags ,unlike the AA

Only going on prices Id seen. If Id of knew you only paid that... I would of said "For an 80..." :)

• Like 1

What's your 97, .22 or 177? If your 97 is .22, go for a 177. AA or HW, both good gun makers, and only really boils down to personal choice. I have the HW100KT .22, had it years, not missed a beat, and has accounted for a few thousand rabbits in it's time.

i got a set up here for sale..........

AirArms S400 carbine, .177 cal, with simmons scope, 3 litre bottle and filling guage, bottle does need a retest, but that's no problem, all in mint condition and genuine sale...........looking for £380

cheers,

jay.

• Like 2

If your going to look at the hw110 my advice would be try one first

especially the mag loading it is fiddly and it put me off getting one

well that and the fact they kept putting the release date back

Mitch (vm) is easily pleased

and he likes every one to think he has the best rifles out there :whistling: that money can buy

imo the hw100 in any cal and model

will do

try,d and tested

yes there a tac driver and sole less

but there not like that for nothing

if you need to get rid of a lot of vermin thats the rifle to use

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Honestly ,this HW110 is good and you know that i loved my HW100k but this 110 is something else , just on shot count and quietness of the gun makes it better than HW100k and we all know how quiet HW100's are

Yes the mags are not like the HW100 but you find your own way of mag release and insert and in the field at night it came easy the other night

It might not suit us all but for me it's fantastic and like you said "try one first"

All i am doing is telling what My opinion is on this gun , same as the Daystate Regal , BSA ultra and both of HW100k , that's all

Cheers for all the advice lads.

£500 for the gun realistically, though I've seen quite a few package deals around the £600 - £650 mark with bottle and nice scopes.

The 97 is a .177 and that's what I want for the PCP.

Cheers for the offer Jayjay, I'll consider it but it will take me two or three weeks to get some cash together.

Ta,

Guy

• Like 1

Evening all,

In the last month I've been considering buying my first PCP air rifle. Reason being that at present I have plenty of time after work to go to my permissions and keep numbers of vermin down with my springer. The impending onset of fatherhood will mean that I will not be time rich any more and it's therefore important to produce a decent volume of pests shot in the limited windows of time that I'll have to keep the landowners happy (i'd be lying if I said I didn't fancy a new toy as well!). I will still be keeping my HW97 in the back of the truck as standard so as to get a couple of rabbits for the pot after work when I have a free pass, but need something a bit more efficient for when I'm making a day of it.

I will have a budget of approximately £500 and so will be looking firmly at the second hand market.

Rifles that I have been looking at are the Weihrauch HW100KT, Air arms 410 and 510, the 410 being the cheapest on the second hand market as far as I can see. From what I have been reading they all sound like fine rifles, if I found an HW100 around my budget it would likely be my first choice, but what are peoples opinions of these guns? Are any vastly superior or would all of them make me happy?

Are there any other rifles that people would recommend that might be cheaper but of similar quality?

My criteria are: Preferably German or British, multiple shot (10 mag minimum), very accurate and reliability and minimum faff essential.

Ta,

Guy

Looks like you have found HW100 :thumbs: