Sign in to follow this  
max_wood

Who Keeps Quail??

I think mine liked the fact they where just left alone.and that they couldn't see outside people going past dogs ect.there's windows and plenty of light but high walls.i have shavings floor,few small bales of straw to sit on ,few branches and i cut blue barrels in half long ways then cut the top and bottom out so it makes a little tunnel.they loved them and normally laid in there

• Like 3

Chicks hatched over the weekend. Fantastic hatch rate and fertility from a seller on ebay.really pleased and couldn't recommend the seller enough. I've ended up with around 240 chicks from 300 eggs

• Like 2

Chicks hatched over the weekend. Fantastic hatch rate and fertility from a seller on ebay.really pleased and couldn't recommend the seller enough. I've ended up with around 240 chicks from 300 eggs

And now the work starts, although they are easier than pheasants, [ a soon as they are out of the shell all they want to do is die ] i once did a couple of hundred in a incubator and one of the kids opened the door after they had hatched, it was like a swarm of bumble bees all over the kitchen, it took about 3 hrs to catch them all again but it was a laugh.

Good luck with them

• Like 4

Mine have been ok so far touch wood. The sausage dog killed one,my son stood on one and one drowned its self.other than that they've been fine

Chick crumbs mate.you can keep them on it.or go onto layers pellets or quail pellets.they're easy too keep

80% hatch rate is good for that source.

Im about to hatch some quail, Only doing 24 but really looking forward to it. Do the hens fight or just the roos?

Im about to hatch some quail, Only doing 24 but really looking forward to it. Do the hens fight or just the roos?

Both but the cock birds are worse they like mini pit fowl lol

Im glad to see other people's fought...I had about 20 in a large shed and they fought constantly, and even killed one - I ate them off a few at a time...

Both but the cock birds are worse they like mini pit fowl lol

Cock birds might be first on the bbq then lol.

• Like 2