Lurcher X Spaniel

Anyone else working this cross? I'm ratching about with a young bitch a friend of mine owns,keen as mustard,great hunter a little over enthusiastic for the first part of her hunting education on each excursion but I like her style..her sire has Bull/Grey in him and Bedlington I think lol..her dam is a working Springer,she was bred by a gamekeeper locally..

IMG_20150525_090905_zpsrandpfvs.jpg

• Like 10

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone else working this cross? I'm ratching about with a young bitch a friend of mine owns,keen as mustard,great hunter a little over enthusiastic for the first part of her hunting education on each

Few more pics. She's just had her first season .        

She's much like a Spaniel whilst working Trench,she's just young and I said I'd "try" and get her up to a decent standard of hunting,she retrieves pheasants straight to hand lol but you would expect that,she's only had her mouth around a couple of big rabbits but again does nothing wrong..she would rather go under or through a fence then over but hasn't really been taught otherwise? When she gets on a scent she's exactly like a spaniel to watch hunting,I'd like to see her lift her head occasionally to see if anythings sprung up in front of her but I'm sure she will when she sees a bit of gear running about.. Jeez don't I like the unusual crosses lol..

She's much like a Spaniel whilst working Trench,she's just young and I said I'd "try" and get her up to a decent standard of hunting,she retrieves pheasants straight to hand lol but you would expect that,she's only had her mouth around a couple of big rabbits but again does nothing wrong..she would rather go under or through a fence then over but hasn't really been taught otherwise? When she gets on a scent she's exactly like a spaniel to watch hunting,I'd like to see her lift her head occasionally to see if anythings sprung up in front of her but I'm sure she will when she sees a bit of gear running about.. Jeez don't I like the unusual crosses lol..

A few months of working rushy ground will have that head up,especially if its game rich. But I don't need to tell you that :angel:

• Like 1

I could imagine Con them being demons for them when they have seen a few,what I've seen Peter she seems "fast enough" but as she's only starting out and not had enough or even ran enough I couldn't hand on heart say either way but I will find out come the winter,I'm just pottering about getting her used to the sights,sound,smells and accustomed to my own dogs just now,obviously odds and sods are gonna fall victim to them which isn't what I intend on doing just now but it should give her a wee bit of confidence which will do her no harm plus her owner is just starting out themselves so if it can be a bit better than average at working I'm sure both the dog and owner will enjoy their hunting for years to come..let's hope so and that I don't mess up lol

• Like 2

A few months of working rushy ground will have that head up,especially if its game rich. But I don't need to tell you that :angel:

We are onto it buddy lol

I keep spaniels and lurchers. My springer bitch is in season at the minute and I've been tempted to line her with my lurcher dog.

I've seen some good hunting lurchers but nothing to compare with a decent spaniel. There have been threads on spaniel lurchers on the THL before and I'm always surprised that they aren't more common.

That bitch looks superb.

• Like 2

We are onto it buddy lol

Can't be any worse than this pup of mine. One day I think "forley cup". Next "one man and his bloody dog" :rolleyes:

• Like 1