Feeding rabbit/chicken carcasses?

Guest spartancombat

Guest spartancombat

Hi.I have long been feeding my dogs a semi-barf diet usually in the form of chicken wings.

Is there anyone one here that feeds whole rabbit or chicken carcasses to their dogs? Im just a bit worried about the sharp rib bones. Cheers for any input. :thumbs:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.I have long been feeding my dogs a semi-barf diet usually in the form of chicken wings.

Is there anyone one here that feeds whole rabbit or chicken carcasses to their dogs? Im just a bit worried about the sharp rib bones. Cheers for any input. :thumbs:

I feed all my dogs on raw food, chicken carcases are fine as long as they are raw and not cooked as are all bones

Lee

I agree with the above. I've raised my last three dogs, from the day I bought them as pups of around eight to nine weeks, on various odds and ends all of which has always been raw. The first time they see a chicken wing it can take them a good twenty minutes or more but now, as adults it's just, "crunch, crunch, gulp!"

i heard its bad to feed any chicken bones i would check with a vet first

no danny, as the lads have said they're fine raw but don't feed cooked.

whats the opinion on feeding fresh rabbits, guts, fur and all ? i've had dogs look great on this diet, though you have to wormed them often.

ALL bones only splinter when they have been BAKED IN AN OVEN raw or boiled bones are absolutely fine ..............

7 WEEKS OLD AND ENJOYING HERSELF .............

Picture093.jpg

no danny, as the lads have said they're fine raw but don't feed cooked.

whats the opinion on feeding fresh rabbits, guts, fur and all ? i've had dogs look great on this diet, though you have to wormed them often.

My old man reckoned that when he was a nipper,rabbit fur was fed to discourage worms in the dogs guts.I usually give mine the rabbits gutted and skinned,and just leave the kidneys in. :thumbs:

heard of a skin naking a dogs insides but also know a few people who just feed the lot id personaly skin and gut them or just give a couple of stripps of fur rather than take the risk .

Think wild dog/wolf, feed raw carcasses of chicken or rabbit but when fur/ feather missing coat w bran for horses mash for roughage. If feeding meat trimings of beef, lamb, pork add bran and a small handful wheatgerm meal to bucket load to add roughage and pep. You wil avoid sore bottoms from concrete like droppings this way. Use cop on always think wild dog! if full complement of skin, bones , intestinal contents not available think alternatives, bran,wheatgerm, eggshell, probiotics,

Keep it natural, keep it wild

Guest sweetlou

i preffer to just feed them a complete mixer food, its far less messy, but i live in a suburb and have to travel to shoot with my doggs, i have to staffys and they are the most inteligent dogs i have ever used, they will sit and wait for a kill or spook and wait, they seem to be totally aware of the danger of the gun and target.

heard of a skin naking a dogs insides but also know a few people who just feed the lot id personaly skin and gut them or just give a couple of stripps of fur rather than take the risk .

never had any problems with fur, skin or bone fed all sorts of dogs for over twenty years with them, my presa can even swallow whole chicken legs (party trick)