Goldfinches In My Garden

Mule . . camera I'm using is a go pro hero 3 . Only getting used to it an adjustments. Different type of frames if you know what I mean mate . Both picks are from same position just different shots . Only learning .

cheers delboy sorry im such a thicko :bad: good pic :thumbs:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Flocks of them . Attached my go pro

Over forty of them. Out a fortune on hearts

Hope you dont mind me adding a couple of photos of a pair of goldies in my front garden, the cock bird has nested in the garden the last two years, not so sure if its the same hen, dont think so.. Al

Posted Images

Hope you dont mind me adding a couple of photos of a pair of goldies in my front garden, the cock bird has nested in the garden the last two years, not so sure if its the same hen, dont think so..

Always wanted goldies nesting in my garden..

Edited by Omanyra
  • Like 5

Just put out the feeders an they'll come . Feed them well threw winter they'll come again next year . . As it gets colder all the small birds stay amongst each other .I Started feeding sparrows while hoping I'd see a finch. 6 7 months later . As the dude says charms of them . No songs Peter c**ts think you mad . An oul pet Goldie wouldn't go astray must be rung . Any thing comes around he'll call them. Pm me Peter

Hope you dont mind me adding a couple of photos of a pair of goldies in my front garden, the cock bird has nested in the garden the last two years, not so sure if its the same hen, dont think so..

attachicon.gifchev goldie.jpg

attachicon.gifgoldie hen with material.jpg

what camera you have

nice chevron top pic

what camera you have

Nikon D700

Im only in this house a few weeks so hopefully I get some finches in there's plenty around. I was thinking of playing bird songs on my mp3 to try to attract birds or would that be stupid

I was out on a dog walk today and over flew 3 bullfinches,i peeped/whistled at them and they turned and landed in a bush near by to see what it was peeping at them,sometimes if you learn a little of the bird songs and can copy them a little it is worth trying it although it don't allways work...

• Like 5

Mule . . camera I'm using is a go pro hero 3 . Only getting used to it an adjustments. Different type of frames if you know what I mean mate . Both picks are from same position just different shots . Only learning .

Delboy have you taken them as pictures or stills from a video ?.....ive just had a similar camera but I cant suss it all out yet......is it one of them you can walk away from and it takes a picture every few seconds ? ( or however often you set it to ).....I think they call that a fish eye view that's why it looks kind of distorted at the sides mines the same but again I cant work out how you get rid of it..................................I cant be doing with instructions I just press buttons and see what happens :D

• Like 1

As say I watched the pair building and rearing..goldie cocks in the wild dont do much around gathering material or actual building the nest, they will accompany the hen to places where she collects, in over 50 years In rarely seen a cock goldie carrying nesting material in the wild

Edited by Omanyra
  • Like 3

Lovely pics id love them in my garden iv spend over three hundred euros the last two years on feeders and different seeds trying to attract birds them

and didnt even see one flying past iv moved recently and there's every cloud type of bird in the area so hopefully il get some but in saying that im happy enough feeding any bird that comes around

• Like 1