Just Saw This On Donedeal.

This problem will not go away,its a desperate situation to be in when your dogs are under threat from these cnuts and the majority at it have an army behind them,the best advice i can give is invest in your kennels,nothing you do will make it impossible to take but you can make it as hard as possible for them to enter your yard and even harder for them to enter kennels,its all down to the few quid but if it gives you piece of mind its money well spent in my opinion.

• Like 1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As long as there's people with money wanting to buy second hand dogs with no questions asked there's going to be dog thieves. Oh, yeh, lets break their legs, lets shoot them etc. etc. How come we ne

Fair play to ya Liam for putting that up,this stealing of dogs is not going to stop until some of them scummy b*****ds that are doing it are left wondering was it worth it.The worst thing about it is

There was a situation a few year ago where dogs were robbed[lurchers] on a chap I know who lives about 4 mile away.He got information that the dogs were on a site in the fingles area of Dublin so alon

There was a situation a few year ago where dogs were robbed[lurchers] on a chap I know who lives about 4 mile away.He got information that the dogs were on a site in the fingles area of Dublin so along with 2 local Garda he and his hunting mate headed up.1st stop was the Garda station in fingles where they were told what happened and that he believed his dogs were on this site,the guards in fingles did not want to know and said they would not enter the site just to get a couple of dogs back as it would cause too much hassle and maybe start a riot.Then the 2 local Garda and the 2 lads went themselves to the site where on entering saw 1 of his dogs and called it up and put in the van.They were then met by a mob who literaly threatened to burn them in there vehicals if they did not go,they said the women on the site were more abusive then the men,in the end they had to leave with only the 1 dog,but it goes to show that even the law are afraid of these people.

• Like 2

There was a situation a few year ago where dogs were robbed[lurchers] on a chap I know who lives about 4 mile away.He got information that the dogs were on a site in the fingles area of Dublin so along with 2 local Garda he and his hunting mate headed up.1st stop was the Garda station in fingles where they were told what happened and that he believed his dogs were on this site,the guards in fingles did not want to know and said they would not enter the site just to get a couple of dogs back as it would cause too much hassle and maybe start a riot.Then the 2 local Garda and the 2 lads went themselves to the site where on entering saw 1 of his dogs and called it up and put in the van.They were then met by a mob who literaly threatened to burn them in there vehicals if they did not go,they said the women on the site were more abusive then the men,in the end they had to leave with only the 1 dog,but it goes to show that even the law are afraid of these people.

unfortunetley thats the truth with the gaurds in this country,these are a law on to themselves and unless you know lads that have the back up to tackle them you will find it hard to get them back.

When my own dogs were stolen we done almost every site that we were told held the same name as the people responsible for robbing them.On 1 occasion in Roscommon town we entered the site at 12 midnight,6 of us along with 6 guards who I have to say were more than happy to help out but we were out of luck as the people had moved on.Thats the trouble with travellers,they are on the move the whole time and it makes it very hard to catch up to them,they move from the rep to the north and also across to England so easy to move dogs within a few hours of been robbed.The end result was I never got my dogs back after 6 months of looking,even had them advertised on edrd just incase they turned up over there and someone may have been offered them but no they were gone,a full yard of dogs gone in 1 night.

• Like 1

A little while ago my old father had his two borders taken they were only pets and not even lookers really . Anyway my brothers and me have put the fealers out and to be truthfull its been hard to keep track of the persons we think it might be because they don't stay in one location for long. So we've been patient and eventually one of my brothers caught one on his own, so after a bit of crying a swearing all the oaths it wasn't him he escaped and was away . Now we know hes defo a thief so even if he didn't do it personally ,were sure he knows the one that did it so the word will go back! These lads work on fear and intimadation but don't believe the hype !! As much as you don't want to get locked up over a dog , remember neither do they ! Be patient and catch them one at a time don't take them ALL on at once and I guarantee you'll get some satisfaction lol.

I live beside a couple off halting sites and there's no bother out off them, none of that carryon anyway. They know there place and if anything was to happen the boyos wouldn't be long going into the site and sorting the mess out! That's the way to keep them.

unfortunately not every hunting person is that well connected,some very serious boyos were approached down here with the hope of sorting it out for all the dog comunity,they didnt want to get involved even though the promise of a serious payment was talked about.I told the young lad,if i get cleaned out them im not going to replace the dogs,im going to take up photography or pole dancing or some other reckless adventure sport.

unfortunately not every hunting person is that well connected,some very serious boyos were approached down here with the hope of sorting it out for all the dog comunity,they didnt want to get involved even though the promise of a serious payment was talked about.I told the young lad,if i get cleaned out them im not going to replace the dogs,im going to take up photography or pole dancing or some other reckless adventure sport.

Jesus Liam I personally pray you are never wiped out as the very thought of seeing you in a leotard wrapped around the sign post in cork is frightening to say the least,lol.

• Like 2