Your Thourght On The Good Old Hw80 Uk Spec Not The German Spec At 18Ft Lbs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3 words for my HW80. Accurate, heavy, indestructable. Not necessarily in that order.

no Phantom i dont the guy said it is the uk spec which had th spring changed for the uk market the gun its self also has uk staped so il take it to the gun shop to get it double checked but thank you

thanks Walshie i got mine to day but im a bit worried now as Phantom has the german spec is 18 ft lbs but uk spec is just under 12ft lbs as i dont have a fac im a bit concerned but indeed a very nice

The way to deal with this is, if you suspect or know you have an illegally powerful air rifle, go see your RFD in advance and explain what you have and make an arrangement to have it brought to him for a new spring and service to UK legal spec.

The HW80 is one of the best break barrel spring air rifles in the world. Nothing beats it! I have a .22 HW80, albeit on my FAC and it is truly amazing what shooting this has given me.

Simon

The way to deal with this is, if you suspect or know you have an illegally powerful air rifle, go see your RFD in advance and explain what you have and make an arrangement to have it brought to him for a new spring and service to UK legal spec.

The HW80 is one of the best break barrel spring air rifles in the world. Nothing beats it! I have a .22 HW80, albeit on my FAC and it is truly amazing what shooting this has given me.

Simon

My 90 does :tongue2::laugh::D

Simon

Andy how do you tune a gas ram rifle? Iv been wondering it for a while now because you can't exactly polish the ram ends like te spring ends can you?

Simon

Andy how do you tune a gas ram rifle? Iv been wondering it for a while now because you can't exactly polish the ram ends like te spring ends can you?

There's not much that can be done with the ram itself, Lewis. Mine's been stripped and re-lubed and as far as I'm aware, that's about all that can be done internally. However, the piston skirt can still be improved upon. A little polish here and there can be of benefit if needed.

It's not just about the power plant though. Does the cocking linkage rattle about? Are there any rough edges anywhere on the gun that will affect it's feel and performance? Is the trigger smooth and set up right? And then comes the fit of the rifle to the shooter and that can be a minefield to navigate too.

It's all about the whole setup that makes a decent rifle right for a decent shooter.

It's a very personal thing and Simon's 80 is a cracker, like Wurz's is. Both examples of when HW were at their best and gave me pretty much perfect examples of their craft. They didn't need too much fettling to get them shooting very nicely, thank you.

I just prefer my 90. It's a rifle that I've been messing with for a long time. Feather light trigger and not one single trace of mechanical noise , apart from a very small noise when opening and closing the barrel (which Ive also worked on) upon cocking and closing.

Edit to add... If we ever meet up and you get the chance to shoot with my 90, if I had any money then I'd bet you it's the smoothest springer that you've ever shot with.

Edited by andyfr1968

Apart from my 80, it probably is andy lol

Triggers are easy to adjust mate, just undo the screw behind the trigger inside the trigger guard to make it lighter, do it up to make it

Best breaky out there in my experience, but I haven't had a go on andy's 90 (yet!)

• Like 1

Oh yeah,i think its the U.S. spec thats 18 ft/lbs, it was originally designed by beeman and known as the r1 and made to run at the higher workload so that adult's would buy it in the states cos pellet guns were generally seen as kids toys over there.

Wait a moment chaps, he has gone from B2 to HW80, on another thread he has already removed the mainspring from this notoriously difficult to remove mainsprings from gun, and is calling people Bud. Archie spotted this!

Who do we know in the south west who calls people Bud a lot, usually deals in Thin Air Arms?

We all know who it is!

Hello David!

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/288570-been-offerd-a-virak-22-what-are-you-thoughts/page-2

Just to prove that a novice with a B2 can strip an HW80.... Ahem!