Which older rifles would you tune, if any?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you older guys think we should set up a O.A.P section so you can reminisce lol

hw 80k

It was actually the other way around Pianoman the 127 was .22 and the 124 was .177, both awesome rifles. My third ever rifle was a FWB 127 Sport which I bought at the end of 1978 for £60 an enormous a

Posted Images

It comes to us all john lol

Just for the sake of other members.

Could you please give a rifle description please.

Many thanks

Ha Ha!!

It only seems like five minutes ago since I was 16 years old!! (still feel it in my nut!!)..

The top rifle is a BSA Goldstar, 10 shot repeater in .22cal..

The bottom rifle is a BSA Superstar mk2 Carbine in the same cal..

rifleBSAgoldsuperstar.jpg

Cheers, John :bye:

Do you older guys think we should set up a O.A.P section

so you can reminisce lol

Ha Ha Ha!!

Nice one Davy boy, I lol'd at that (cos i'm gettin' owld!!)

To the OP, of over 90 guns in my collection, these two 'Stars' are the smoothest cockers (and shooters!) in my collection...

rifleBSAgoldsuperstar.jpg

I don't know whether they've been worked on but i'd guess that they have as they are just like silk in use :good:

John :bye:

Now that's what I'm talking about. Beautiful air rifles these. And look at the condition! Makes me angry to see what the managing morons at BSA threw away. But that's British business for you, all over. John you must be very proud of these. I haven't seen either of these in over a decade! Thanks for sharing this treasure with us.

Davy that's a great idea mate. You youngsters can just be quietly amazed with what we used to shoot with; while we share fond memories of great spring air rifles and hunting stories of long summer holidays with our homespun Webleys and BSA spring rifles, shared over the Werther's Originals and Bournvita!

Simon :thumbs:

Now that's what I'm talking about. Beautiful air rifles these. And look at the condition! Makes me angry to see what the managing morons at BSA threw away. But that's British business for you, all over. John you must be very proud of these. I haven't seen either of these in over a decade! Thanks for sharing this treasure with us.

Davy that's a great idea mate. You youngsters can just be quietly amazed with what we used to shoot with; while we share fond memories of great spring air rifles and hunting stories of long summer holidays with our homespun Webleys and BSA spring rifles, shared over the Werther's Originals and Bournvita!

Hello Simon

I love old Brit stuff, Webley and Beesa in particular :yes:

Here's a few miore that's in the gun cabinet (err, spare room !! )

BSA Superstar mk1..

0004.jpg

BSA Airsporter mk1 in .177cal....

177mk1l1.jpg

Top- BSA Airsporter 'S'

Centre- BSA Mercury Challenger

Bottom- BSA Airsporter RB2 carbine..

AM1.jpg

1906 BSA Air Rifle in number two bore (Needs a shovelful of TLC!!)

BSA01.jpg

BSA Cadet.

BSACadet.jpg

Some more BSA Airsporters, mk1 and mk2..

rifleAirsportermk1and2s-1.jpg

Top- BSA Mercury mk2

Centre- BSA Airsporter mk5/6

Bottom- BSA Airsporter Stutzen

rifleBSAairsportersmercury.jpg

1936 BSA Standard mod2..

rifleBSAs1.jpg

BSA Magnum 240 in .177 and .22cal..

pbM3.jpg

Oops!!, forgot the nicest!!

BSA Scorpion pistol in .22cal...

Scorpion9.jpg

Scorpion6.jpg

I'll pop a few Webley pics up next..

Edited by johnbaz

Some Webbos..

Webley mk1 air rifle and Webley Mk2 Service rifle..

Mk12a.jpg

Webley Mk3s..

4mk3c.jpg

Webley Junior pistols

P-002.jpg

Webley premiers

P-003.jpg

Webley Seniors

P-004.jpg

Just bought these Webley mk1s last week

Webleymk1x2a.jpg

Another straight grip Webley mk1

Webleymk1pistol1.jpg

Top- Webley Typhoon

Centre- Webley Hurricane

Bottom Webley Tempest

P-001.jpg

Cheers, John

That's an incredible collection John. It's the best work of airgun history I've ever seen. It's lovely to see such fine guns so well kept and preserved. And I dare say you keep them all in perfect shooting order too. I know you have a particularly nice HW77 among your collection. Do you have any other Weihrauch or early Air Arms spring rifles?

Thanks for sharing this wonderful collection John.

Best wishes and compliments.

Simon

That's an incredible collection John. It's the best work of airgun history I've ever seen. It's lovely to see such fine guns so well kept and preserved. And I dare say you keep them all in perfect shooting order too. I know you have a particularly nice HW77 among your collection. Do you have any other Weihrauch or early Air Arms spring rifles?

Thanks for sharing this wonderful collection John.

Best wishes and compliments.

Simon

Hello Simon

I only have a few Weihrauchs..

Left- HW35k

Right- HW35e (But simply marked EUSTA)

HW35e3.jpg

RifleHW35E4.jpg

Another HW35 from 1979

HW35a.jpg

Recently acquired HW80

HW80a1.jpg

HW95 on a custom walnut stock, like a fool I sold the original stock so now I can't swap it back :whistling:

riflecs1.jpg

The 77 you mentioned

riflehw77b.jpg

HW80 (but with a 85k Barrel in .177 :hmm: )

riflehw85k1.jpg

Though not a springer, I think this HW90 is closer to a springer than a PCP..

RifleWeihrauchHW90.jpg

I bought this HW98 from a good friend here in Sheffield but another close friend really took a shine to it so I let him have it, he puts 20p coin sized groups at 50yds regularly with it, i'm fairly sure it was tuned at SFS

HW98a.jpg

• Like 1

Hello Simon

I love old Brit stuff, Webley and Beesa in particular :yes:

Here's a few miore that's in the gun cabinet (err, spare room !! )

BSA Superstar mk1..

0004.jpg

BSA Airsporter mk1 in .177cal....

177mk1l1.jpg

Top- BSA Airsporter 'S'

Centre- BSA Mercury Challenger

Bottom- BSA Airsporter RB2 carbine..

AM1.jpg

1906 BSA Air Rifle in number two bore (Needs a shovelful of TLC!!)

BSA01.jpg

BSA Cadet.

BSACadet.jpg

Some more BSA Airsporters, mk1 and mk2..

rifleAirsportermk1and2s-1.jpg

Top- BSA Mercury mk2

Centre- BSA Airsporter mk5/6

Bottom- BSA Airsporter Stutzen

rifleBSAairsportersmercury.jpg

1936 BSA Standard mod2..

rifleBSAs1.jpg

BSA Magnum 240 in .177 and .22cal..

pbM3.jpg

Oops!!, forgot the nicest!!

BSA Scorpion pistol in .22cal...

Scorpion9.jpg

Scorpion6.jpg

I'll pop a few Webley pics up next..

Ha Ha...I think you need one of these...make me an offer, 11.4ft lb last time I checked with Blue Wasps, about 1972 I seem to remember, one owner from new...me! :D :D

post-10759-0-77438700-1353430043_thumb.jpgpost-10759-0-86733500-1353430114_thumb.jpg

ANY of those! wonderful collection JohnBaz. Amazing.

HW35 makes a superb legal limit rifle - not expensive to buy either. Was in a particular airgunsmiths the other day when a chap brought his tuned 35 E in to be checked...it was doing14 ft-lbs. So 25 minutes later it was back together and did a string of 20 shots within 5fps of each other and at 11.6ft-lbs. Good enough for jazz and certainly as good a rifle as any other out there. I bet it didn't owe him more than £200.

Ha Ha...I think you need one of these...make me an offer, 11.4ft lb last time I checked with Blue Wasps, about 1972 I seem to remember, one owner from new...me! :D :D

post-10759-0-77438700-1353430043_thumb.jpgpost-10759-0-86733500-1353430114_thumb.jpg

Oooh.... Nice!! :thumbs:

Mk5/6??

Give me a couple of weeks and i'll make you an offer (bought loads recently so i'm a little skint :icon_redface: )

Oooh.... Nice!! :thumbs:

Mk5/6??

Give me a couple of weeks and i'll make you an offer (bought loads recently so i'm a little skint :icon_redface: )

Its GJ, so I understand that makes it a Mk V 1971-1974