anybody with dogs that doesnt work or has someone home all day?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feck me this site is classic the lad is obviously a youngster and lives in his fathers house so doesn't reAly have much say in the house. His father is bed bound Ill not well whatever. They have a mat

I retract the statement about the lads dad being ill I don't know how ill he is and shouldnt have called him a tool, for that I apologise.

Stick him in a old folks home..

Sounds like a classic case of seperation anxiety!....

or maybe the pup just doesn't like being crated all day.

is it let out regularly while you're out?

most exuberant young pups aren't going to like being crated alone for long periods.

how long are you out for each day?

does the dog mess in the crate while you're out?

can it be in the room with your dad?

It sounds like his dads a bit of a tool and not interested tbh

you sound like a tool it says is dad is in bed ill.......would you want a pup sreaming allday?

im in brighton he has only ever had a crap in the house 3 times and his bladder is a bit weak still but he doesnt purposely piss in the house, just measured him at 21inch to the top of his shoulder blade?

ive been off work for a few months and so ive been with him 99% of the time trying to sort him out, he gets plenty of walking at night with me and the rifle so its not that all, if i let him he will sleep at the end of the bed for most of the day...

he cant be crated in my dads room theres no space and hes 60 odd and is ill

how long are you out for each day?

does the dog mess in the crate while you're out?

can it be in the room with your dad?

It sounds like his dads a bit of a tool and not interested tbh

you sound like a tool it says is dad is in bed ill.......would you want a pup sreaming allday?

How ill though, if hes that ill should there not be someone at home to care for him and therefore help out with the pup? It sounds to me like it's crated to convenience the other dog in the household.

And I do sound like a tool aye,........but then so do you! ;)

Feck me this site is classic the lad is obviously a youngster and lives in his fathers house so doesn't reAly have much say in the house. His father is bed bound Ill not well whatever. They have a mature bull type that doesn't get on with the pup. The youngster has found himself a job so good on him. All these factors mean the pup has to go so instead of giving the young fella grief how about helping him out.

• Like 9

i dont need to explain to anyone about my dad thanks, would you like to know why im off work at the moment too....?

ive got up early and walked the dogs, hes been crated after a 2 hour walk i had to take him with me for and he kicked off then

hes been to work with me too, at peoples propertys and still he was the same, i had planned for him to be at work with me all the time but that didnt work out due to his noise

he is only in the crate for hours on end when we sleep.... i have been off work since november, otherwise he is with me through the day trying to leave him in other rooms wile i cook or shower or do laundry..., hel get crated when i go doctors which takes an hour or so, have a shower, have a dump, etc.. he doesnt even stay out in the garden for more than 3 minutes only once when he had a little dig on a root

ive just got 40ft of fencing for me and my cousin to build kennels with but i dont see the point now as he would just get us complaints.

the fact is i want the dog, my dad doesnt dislike him, hes just had enough of the noise and sees no end to it, plus he thinks my bull terrier will kill him so he wont ever have both of them in the frontroom together when he is up and about..

i could happily swap the dog for a bitch that is quiet, but i dont think anyone is going to do that are they.

I really hope you find a decent home for the pup - looks solid enough to me.

As I said, if we had capacity, we'd take him and our pack and set up would soon sort out his foibles and get him on the straight and narrow.

JMO, but I wouldn't even swap him for a bitch if you got such an offer - seems to me like you need to get your domestic arrangements sorted first, then maybe look for another hunting dog when everything is set up and ready.

I wish you luck mate,

Duncan

• Like 1