Nitesite NS200......a little gem.

Not a very good write up in the march Sporting shooter (nitesite) page 36 .

Hiya Bud.

What was the review saying about it, was it all bad :D

Ive just got in from the shop with the magazine and it says-

"Easy to use and set up and soon put some bunnies in the bag. Image quality was pretty good and range impressive. Drawbacks? A few; there are plenty of wires and bits hanging on your setup. It is easy to knock the adaptorand affect the view through the scope (although this is easily readjusted) and like all nightvision systems, unless you have a seperate night sight to scan the fields with, you have to use your rifle setup to scan for animals. Not something i would ever do with a centrefire or even a rimfire. Also the glowing screen doesnt do much for your own night vision and the reflection may deter a cautious fox.

(The ns200 was mounted on a .17 hmr) After reading this review i wonder how long the reviewers had actually used the ns200 for im guessing a night or so as i disagree with most of the comments on the systems alleged drawbacks. I had an ns200 on loan for nearly two weeks and tried it on three different rifles, fac air, sub 12ft lb air and rimfire on rabbits and rats at night. I Never once knocked the day scope adaptor or had a problem with the "wires and bits hanging everywhere".

I also had no problem using the site as a scanning device in fact i found it easier than using a normal dedicated/add on unit as with the screen mounted above the scope i didnt have to have my rifle up in the aim to scan the fields which can be tiring after a while. I also had no problem safety wise doing this with my rimmie. Im ex forces and gun safety is second nature and isnt it common sense not to have your finger anywhere near the trigger when your 'scanning'?

The review also made no comment on how quick this system is to change between different rifles which if your like me with numerous different set ups the ns200 is ideal.

Just my thoughts lads :thumbs:

Hi Mick.

RIGHT THATS IT !!!!

After reading that review he's written....Im taking mine back to the store I bought it from :laugh:

All his concerns, drawbacks, have already been addressed.....fine tuning I call it :D

More positive than negative I would say.

Never please everyone..... :D

Bill.

Lol your right there Bill! Only thing that needs doing to it is a filter for the screen which you've kindly sorted for me ;) Just rang the gunshop my ns200 not there yet but will be by the end of the day :boogy:

Mick

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we've built our own and are in the middle of patent something else, according to un biased testers ours its better and will be cheaper, we shot a fox last night at 150yards clean kill and rabbits at

Hi all.   Been thinking of some night vision for a while now, and am going for the Nitesite NS200.   Being a person who needs to wear glasses all the time, this unit really appealed to me. It can

Hi Mick.     I did the battery test again, only this time on the max IR setting ( setting number 4 )   The unit ran solidly for 2hours and 20 mins on the one battery.   So using the unit on max

Posted Images

Nothing worse than waiting to get your hands on a new toy.....Im terrible :yes::laugh: roll on this afternoon mate :D

Hope to be going up to my mates range tomorrow, get the Sculptra chronoed and zeroed.

Might get chance to do a bit of night range work with it all being well.

Need to get used to it before going after the bunnies.

Still, no rush plenty of time :thumbs:

Bill.

Picked up the ns200 yesterday afternoon :boogy: had a quick charge of the battery then off to the rat shoot where i shot 11 rats pretty quickly although as usual recovering the bodies was hard work . I can say that the yellow filter kindly supplied by Bill greatly reduced screen brightness. Thanks mate!

Check out 'Ratzilla' at the top of the pic lol.

002-5.jpg

who did you get the yellow filter off??? how much is it??? cheers

Bill on here kindly posted me some filter material but its available on ebay very cheap. Plus ive heard a whisper that the nitesite lads will soon be bringing out filters for the ns200 :thumbs:

have a look at this for recording

top-myzone.jpg

4GB Multiple Functions Media Video Player

3.0 inch, 16:9 widescreen high-definition 400 x 240,16 Million Colour.

HD video recording (TV-IN), from TV, DVD Player, pinhole camera, CCTV surveillance camera, tape recorder admit 720*576(D1) HIGH quality image data. you could use it as portable monitor or DVR(digital video recorder).

High-definition video output (TV-Out) can connect watch network TV movies,photographs,graphics,the output resolution of 720*480,with the home DVD like clarity.

High definition video decorder: RM,RMVB,AVI,FLV,3GP,MP4,WAV,ASF,VOB,DAT,MPG, directly play DVD,VCD files, Resolution up to 1280*720

The build-in 1.3MP camera not only allows you to take memorable pictures, it also capable of video recording up to the size of your micro SD (TF) storage card. Picture:1600*960(max) High resolution video: 640*384/30fps(max), The image quality is really clear, ( if you need demo video,please contact to us then. )

Audio player: Support MP3,WMA,APE,FLAC and other audio formats, support synchronous lyrics display, play mode selection.

FM stereo radio: 87.5-108MHZ,support for manual / auto-units,FM recording, a maximum of 20 stations can be stored.

Electronic album: JPG format to support the browser 3D three-dimensional rotation,slide show,music,electronic photo album.memories ofthe good old days at all times.

EBook: listened look (pictures,e-boods), in support of bookmarks,automatic browsing,background music playback functions.

Memory expand : up to 16GB Micro SD card

Patent functions show:

318-av-in-list.jpg

• Like 1

top-myzone.jpg

HD video recording (TV-IN), from TV, DVD Player, pinhole camera, CCTV surveillance camera, tape recorder admit 720*576(D1) HIGH quality image data. you could use it as portable monitor or DVR(digital video recorder).

High-definition video output (TV-Out) can connect watch network TV movies,photographs,graphics,the output resolution of 720*480,with the home DVD like clarity.

High definition video decorder: RM,RMVB,AVI,FLV,3GP,MP4,WAV,ASF,VOB,DAT,MPG, directly play DVD,VCD files, Resolution up to 1280*720

The build-in 1.3MP camera not only allows you to take memorable pictures, it also capable of video recording up to the size of your micro SD (TF) storage card. Picture:1600*960(max) High resolution video: 640*384/30fps(max), The image quality is really clear, ( if you need demo video,please contact to us then. )

Audio player: Support MP3,WMA,APE,FLAC and other audio formats, support synchronous lyrics display, play mode selection.

FM stereo radio: 87.5-108MHZ,support for manual / auto-units,FM recording, a maximum of 20 stations can be stored.

Electronic album: JPG format to support the browser 3D three-dimensional rotation,slide show,music,electronic photo album.memories ofthe good old days at all times.

EBook: listened look (pictures,e-boods), in support of bookmarks,automatic browsing,background music playback functions.

Patent functions show:

318-av-in-list.jpg

Thanks for that mate :thumbs: just under £40 delivered. Not bad me thinks!

Edited by optelic2

Picked up the ns200 yesterday afternoon :boogy: had a quick charge of the battery then off to the rat shoot where i shot 11 rats pretty quickly although as usual recovering the bodies was hard work . I can say that the yellow filter kindly supplied by Bill greatly reduced screen brightness. Thanks mate!

Check out 'Ratzilla' at the top of the pic lol.

002-5.jpg

Hi Mick.

Nice shooting on the rats buddy, that top one's a biggun :thumbs:

Glad the filter worked out ok for you.

Managed to get my Sculptra sorted, but not able to get out now till next week :censored:

Look forward to more pics from you mate......and maybe some footage ;):hmm::D

Atb.

Bill.

• Like 1

who did you get the yellow filter off??? how much is it??? cheers

Hi Remyd.

Heres a link to the filter buddy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Theatre-DJ-Lighting-Colour-Filter-Gel-Med-Amber-104-/260536346072?pt=UK_ConElec_LightingLEDsStrobes_RL&hash=item3ca92d25d8

Nice people to deal with, quick delivery :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

Edited by Sweeney-Todd

I was out again tonight very briefly though car showed -7 on the way to the rat shoot. Only managed two as nothing about... Pic a little bloody :icon_eek::gunsmilie:

Oh and Bill let us know how it goes with the sculptra now its sorted :thumbs:

016.jpg

Edited by optelic2

Hi Mick.

Well done again mate, no stopping you now, good shooting. :thumbs:

-7 :icon_eek: no wonder there wasnt much about, proberbly all tucked up watching Eastenders :laugh:

The Sculptra is going great mate thank you.

I sent it to John Bowkett to have the Tench reg removed, and for John to Blueprint and tune it for me.

Now getting 55 shots from a 200 bar fill with a 8fps spread, very happy with that.

Shows how fickle these rifles can be, before it went away to John, it loved JSB Exacts AND Defients, now, it does not like JSBs, and Defients are not as good as they were.

The flavour of the month is now H&N FTT 5.53s LOVES them :laugh::thumbs:

With the added bonus of the bolt action, its now an even sweeter rifle to use.

Going for injection into my shoulder on Monday PM, got a Torn Rotator Cuff, so will see how it goes before I get out again.

Waiting for a batch of pellets to arrive aswell.

Keep at them rats mate.

ATB.

Bill.

Edited by Sweeney-Todd
  • Like 1

top-myzone.jpg

Patent functions show:

318-av-in-list.jpg

Hi Villa.

That looks like a handy bit of kit, right money too :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

Hi Mick.

-7 :icon_eek: no wonder there wasnt much about, proberbly all tucked up watching Eastenders :laugh:

I sent it to John Bowkett to have the Tench reg removed, and for John to Blueprint and tune it for me.

Now getting 55 shots from a 200 bar fill with a 8ftlb spread, very happy with that.

Shows how fickle these rifles can be, before it went away to John, it loved JSB Exacts AND Defients, now, it does not like JSBs, and Defients are not as good as they were.

Going for injection into my shoulder on Monday PM, got a Torn Rotator Cuff, so will see how it goes before I get out again.

Keep at them rats mate.

ATB.

Bill.

Hi Mick.

Now getting 55 shots from a 200 bar fill with a 8ftlb spread, very happy with that.

Keep at them rats mate.

ATB.

Bill.

Hi Bill,

im running my ultra on h&n ftt's not sure on head size but they 'go' well. Might think about getting my Ultra regulated once the warrenty runs out on it. Sounds like the sculptra is the 'nuts' mate!

Sorry to hear about the shoulder not good at all. Guess your having cortezone injections? i suffered a very similar injury about 16 years ago, after physio etc it sorted the injury but my shoulder has never felt the same since although i can do my shooting etc no problem :thumbs: Hope you get sorted asap mate.

Edited by optelic2

Hi Mick.

If you want your Ultra regd, have a word with XTX Air ( Darrin ) first class bloke.

XTX@XTX-AIR.CO.UK

Yep, cortazone....deep joy :D .....had the same for tennis elbow a few years back.

Tried the physio route, no joy after nearly 6 months now :censored:

Glad you sorted yours out ok mate :thumbs: but I bet the rats dont think the same :laugh:

ATB.

Bill.