Another day in the dales.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well blackmail certainly does work. I accidentaly took Russ's gloves home last time i was invited....and the only way to get them back, was another invite   A gorgeous sunny day today, no wind for

Funnily enough Chalky, I have spent some time thinking of late. When i first started out with the dogs, they were pets/workers. Most of my time was just mooching about, getting this and that, here an

As they say, opinions are like arseholes. Everybodies got one. Iv got 6 dogs and everytime i go out they all come with me (unless im lamping) and i couldnt give a f**k what the snot nosed twats think

Posted Images

All these replies, never had so much attention after a day of running my mutts....its great....lol

At least there are plenty on here that realise what we were actually doing....its called enjoying yourselves.

Crazy, mad, too many dogs, too many humans, not a great bag and definitly not the best way to catch bunnies....cant wait to do it again

Edited by derbylad1
  • Like 6

Top Quality......-5 and all you northern boys wandering around in a shirt :icon_eek: ...........its not normal!

Dont be daft, that was when we got there, after the sun had shone a bit, it must been up to about -2 at least, that's sun tan weather up here :rolleyes:

Top Quality......-5 and all you northern boys wandering around in a shirt :icon_eek: ...........its not normal!

Dont be daft, that was when we got there, after the sun had shone a bit, it must been up to about -2 at least, that's sun tan weather up here :rolleyes:

:laugh: :laugh:

Just read though that and all you ones cracking up over how many dogs where on rabbit need to wise up.Its a day out with mates and a bit mooching for the dogs and that is it.

If you are so against 5 dogs chasing rabbits then what about fox hounds after fox????or stag hounds after a deer????or otter hounds after a otter,or pack beagles after a hare and even a pack terriers after rats are you all against that?????If so you need to getting out hunting game.Not all hunting is about one dog one prey there are other types off hunting in which packs are used FACT.But must say looks good day and looks like you all enjoyed yourself s dogs ,men and women a like.Good pictures as well :thumbs:

• Like 1

fox hunting and stag hunting have been banned though mate with pics like this of dogs mobhanded on rabbits how long before the antis start calling for a ban on that too? :hmm: have fun by all means but why show stuff like this to the world when one dog on one rabbit is far more proffessional and sporting? after all nobody can talk about dogs "tearing things apart" one of the anti hunt brigades favorite sayings, if theres only one dog there doing its legal job.

fox hunting and stag hunting have been banned though mate with pics like this of dogs mobhanded on rabbits how long before the antis start calling for a ban on that too? :hmm: have fun by all means but why show stuff like this to the world when one dog on one rabbit is far more proffessional and sporting? after all nobody can talk about dogs "tearing things apart" one of the anti hunt brigades favorite sayings, if theres only one dog there doing its legal job.

Fox ,hunting,stag hunting , and coursing where ban because they where called a sport and not hunting there is a difference but and the end day its all hunting and each should support the other in the hunting they want to do.Like the way you picked out the banned hunting there what about the others?????What about bushing with terriers and luchers or doing cover with the hounds and waiting on the outside for foxes to break out with luchers is that wrong????/

Do you work for the press, "mobhanded", "torn apart" :D

Do any of the rabbits look torn apart?

I think i asked you earlier. Is there a difference between sport and pest control.

• Like 1

no i dont work for the press just sick of reading news articles about coursing where they say the dogs rip and tear the hares apart its a load of rubbish specially if coursing with one dog. they always show pics of 2 dogs grabbing at a hare same as they always show a pic of a snarling pitbull with blood on its face if a pet staffy does something wrong the press and the media talk nonsense but with pics like theses freely available to anyone who joins how long before they are calling out for a ban on "rabbit baiting" or whatever stupid words they will use. think about it is all im saying. and im not the only one :thumbs:

And so am i Toby. But at the end of the day it is their ignorance not mine.

I know it is perfectly natural for a pack animal to work as a pack to catch and kill something.

I know prey species have eyes on the side of their heads, big ears and the ability to run because for them it is perfectly natural to be predated upon. Indeed it is a better death than lying somewhere for days slowly dying of old age or illness.

But you think, because ignorant people think death by predator is not normal i should hide the fact i kill something, and how i do it. Do you really think the same people do not see one dog on a hare as just as abhorent? Of course they do.

I should imagine hunting with a bobbery pack has been happening for longer than killing fox with lurchers, and quite possibly even hare coursing in this country. It was a common occurrence when fields were cut to have a pack of dogs waiting for bolters.

To me to hide something which is neither illegal or immoral is to admit i also think of it as wrong, i dont, so i wont.

And I'm not the only one ;)

• Like 2