sgc or fac with criminal record .....possible or not ?

keep hearing different stories about it ...people sayin you will never see an fac/sgc if you had run ins with police an others sayin as long as you aint done bird for 3 years any guys/gals on here with criminal records an licenced ?

Edited by k3lv

Not really, but a land manager local to me told me that he'd been granted his fac variation for .270 cal despite a conviction for wife beating (he hadn't!).

Apparently a chap of the same name and date of birth (but different birth place, address etc etc) had been convicted and the force had confused the two.

So chaps...its ok to beat your wife if you are asking for variations is the moral to this story :laugh:

• Like 1

I am not sure if you are winding us up here or if you genuinely think that you are ready to hold a fire arms certificate. Your avatar and the comment on your profile: "hunting an guns bows blades its all gravy =)" does not suggest to me that you are of the right mind-set to be holding any kind of fire arm. However everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt and if you do post the sort of convictions that you have if any then I am sure some of the guys on here will give you some advice.

I had one conviction on my record , which ended up bein admonished in court but it still shows up on your record. I applied for my licence not long after this and had no problems. But living in a small community meant the police man here knew me well and he understood what the conviction was all about. So it wasnt a problem.

• Like 1

the avatar is an old school tattoo design (very popular one at tht ) and doesnt have anything to do with my mental state if so maybe we are all f****d up for shootings living things for fun and or sport and because i like knives guns and other weaponry and ask this qeustion im not fit to hold fac and in my details im jus not very good at talking about my self so was 1st thing tht came to mind but if you would like to know my biggest offence was assault not convicted but got a caution ....as to asking the qeustion i jus wandered if anyone here has served time and got licenced as ive heard people say they have done time and still got firearms and others have said it will never happen so thought id ask a whole bunch of folks tht have fireamrs ...makes sense :blink:

the avatar is an old school tattoo design (very popular one at tht ) and doesnt have anything to do with my mental state if so maybe we are all f****d up for shootings living things for fun and or sport and because i like knives guns and other weaponry and ask this qeustion im not fit to hold fac and in my details im jus not very good at talking about my self so was 1st thing tht came to mind but if you would like to know my biggest offence was assault not convicted but got a caution ....as to asking the qeustion i jus wandered if anyone here has served time and got licenced as ive heard people say they have done time and still got firearms and others have said it will never happen so thought id ask a whole bunch of folks tht have fireamrs ...makes sense :blink:

If you have a criminal record as long as your arm with violence and disorder running through it then it's unlikely you will be trusted with a fire arm and rightly so in my opinion. If however you have a couple of cautions for something daft you did as a lad 10 years ago you will be fine.

At the end of the day it's down to your FAO to make that decision, with the best will in the world we can only guess what the outcome would be, get in touch with your local firearms officer and take it from there..

• Like 1

If you have a criminal record as long as your arm with violence and disorder running through it then it's unlikely you will be trusted with a fire arm and rightly so in my opinion. If however you have a couple of cautions for something daft you did as a lad 10 years ago you will be fine.

At the end of the day it's down to your FAO to make that decision, with the best will in the world we can only guess what the outcome would be, get in touch with your local firearms officer and take it from there..

well said :thumbs:

Edited by Ratsmasher