ANOTHER DALES TRIP, watership down

had another look up there last night, with pocherspocket22 and young frankel.

i had Venus they had Don. not the best of starts as the first few bottom fields didnt have a single rabbit, wich was unusual. this all changed though as we walked up the boundry fence and looked over,,FECK ME the field moved, we carried on up the fence line to the wood , then walked along the wood side lamping down hill.

after 2 fields and 200 yard covered, there were 11 in the bag,, a good start. things carried on in this vien til we had gone full circle back to the motor and droped of the catch 18 in total for about an hour.

now this farm is fecking trecherouse, its steep beyond belief, and is real testing for dog and man alike, its not so much the rabbits are hard, its the ground, apart from being steep its all humps and holers as well, you realy have to keep up with the dog,wich is a real workout.

if im honest i took the wrong dog last night, Tara would have been the better option, Venus is more suited to flat fast running type land,, and this soon bore true with an early retirement , due to fat toe,, (vets latter)

at this point Venus had 22, and Don had 27,, so i took the dog back to the motor and then went and collected all the bunys at difrent drop offs, leaving them to get Don to get some more, by the time i drove back to them they had 38,, so obviously they couldnt stop at that, a few fields latter the 40 was secured.

back at the van we started getting the rabbits on the gate, whilst frankel went for a few more , 15 mins later he was back with a flat battery and 5 rabbits.

a great night again 45 rabbits for Don, and 22 for Venus. i think had i took Tara we wouldnt have stopped at 3am, and would have pushed on for the Ton,, but thats easy to say sat here. cheers TOMO

lampingthedales41011005.jpg

lampingthedales41011001.jpg

• Like 3

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"The Happy Ferreter", I hope I'm wrong; but you sound like a tree hugging, bunny loving anti !! Why on earth question the lads about "taking so many " ?? I know these guys and they work their dogs AND

i take a lot of rabbits mainly cos i fecking love doing it, and testing the dog,,, as it happens they go to a zoo hole for £2.20 each, they take what i catch.... even if i didnt have this outlet, ide

My mediocre ugly dog does for me Whin matey..he suits the ground i hunt,no he probably wouldn't be worth a toss on the land you run but why should that bother me, you or anyone else come to that matte

Posted Images

What a night Tomo thankyou for the run :thumbs:

You 2 weren't joking about the steepness of them hills it was unreal. My legs are dead this morning it feels like i have ran a marathon :laugh:

i hope venus is ok, and the injury isn't too bad.. :thumbs:

I am chuffed to bits with the Don Dog he smashed his personal best and i got my personal best aswell :toast:

Is there a reason why you take that many rabbits? Do you sell them to butchers, people, even zoos?

When I receive an order I sell to certain animal establishments at £2.50 per rabbit, makes it worth my while. I'll only take a large number if needed.

i take a lot of rabbits mainly cos i fecking love doing it, and testing the dog,,, as it happens they go to a zoo hole for £2.20 each, they take what i catch.... even if i didnt have this outlet, ide still try and catch them

• Like 5
Is there a reason why you take that many rabbits? Do you sell them to butchers, people, even zoos?

When I receive an order I sell to certain animal establishments at £2.50 per rabbit, makes it worth my while. I'll only take a large number if needed.

i take a lot of rabbits mainly cos i fecking love doing it, and testing the dog,,, as it happens they go to a zoo hole for £2.20 each, they take what i catch.... even if i didnt have this outlet, ide still try and catch them

Testing the dog? In what way?