Understanding the working lurcher by Jackie Drakeford or Traditional skills by same author. I will be buying a book this week but can anyone recommend which i should go for as a novice wanting to learn. Any other books you can recommend would be welcome too. Cheers. Lee

Cheers poacher il keep my eye out for it. Suppose the older books might be better anyhow cos they cover all quarry even ones which arnt legal anymore.

the classic and arguably one of the best books wrote on lurchers i first purchasd it went it first came out in 1977 [bANNED TEXT] it was onley £6.50 LURCHERS AND LONGDOGS BY E.G WALSH. atvb

It is a top book...I fully agree......

Also Walsh's daytime book is superb. Well worth buying in my opinion. :)

Extreme Lurcherwork

Running Dog Addiction

Now Thats What i Call Lurcherwork

A Mouchers Tale

Lurcher and Longdogs

Longdogs by Day

Stormy Night and Frosty Mornings

All excellent

Scooby is another good one. For those that havn't read it, the book takes you through the life of the author's (j.darcy) dog scooby. Theres alot to be learnt from it.

I also liked jackie drakeford's books, allthough i did sometimes feel parts had to be taken with 'a pinch of salt'.

Extreme Lurcherwork

Running Dog Addiction

Now Thats What i Call Lurcherwork

A Mouchers Tale

Lurcher and Longdogs

Longdogs by Day

Stormy Night and Frosty Mornings

All excellent

Scooby is another good one. For those that havn't read it, the book takes you through the life of the author's (j.darcy) dog scooby. Theres alot to be learnt from it.

I also liked jackie drakeford's books, allthough i did sometimes feel parts had to be taken with 'a pinch of salt'.

try reading plummers lurcher books youd av to take them with a bucket of salt.lol atvb
  • 4 weeks later...
Understanding the working lurcher by Jackie Drakeford or Traditional skills by same author. I will be buying a book this week but can anyone recommend which i should go for as a novice wanting to learn. Any other books you can recommend would be welcome too. Cheers. Lee

Have a look at my website. Sometimes old books are the best.

Best book i have read and i have read it 3 times

A Poachers Tale

by Fred J Speakman

maybe its because i have grown up in the areas that he writes about that makes it better for me but i really enjoyed reading it