colliexgrayhound

why do you continue to mention pregnant does ive not mentioned them at all im wanting to run you in the winter on the lamp or day time and why do you make a reference to illegal quarry i suspect your a nark you know the sort a grasser

as is usual for your sort you try and hijack a thread with stupid comments . comments that come from a complete amateur and when its picked up on because you hide behind a key board you react like a little hard on and as youve backed out of my challenge go and play with your twinky you little inbred

Ah your f*****g priceless you are....do yourself a favour and stick something in your gobb before you say summit stupid....oh wait to late...this was a thread about collie x's and you dont own one but it dont stop you sticking your oar in and spouting crap. game set and match to me sheepmaster! :whistling:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a lurcher should work all ground no terrain should stop a dog from working all my dogs can work on this land and i wouldnt keepa dog in my kennel that couldnt work all terrain   ps we would all love

Posted Images

couple of my mates told me that collie crosses will get too clever when they get older and will stop running stuff thats too far away or in a edge can anyone tell me what they think

hello, a would just like too comment on this, am only 17 and ive personaly got whippets and russels but me brother had a collie/whippet/greyhound and she did this to all game but shurely its a good thing if your owt all nite lamping and all day on all types of ground you dont want a dog that will run its legs of after a rabbit if its not goin to catch it,

its not just collie xs, my 2 whippet bitches wont run them but (before the ban) owt on hare a could slip them from the top ov the field and they would run up to 2 fields before they would get 2 it.

realy to be honest every one with a lurcher has different prefrences and needs its down to wat u as a lurcher/rundog man lik

thanks

In response to the question about the beardie x's they seem to be a bit harder to train but any i have had have plenty of fire and always try as hard at times a little to hard this is only from my experience and it may differ from dog to dog.I have a couple of 3/4 greyhounds 1/8 beardie 1/8 border and 1 is 6 years old and the other is 2 year old and both always try their hardest.Hope this is of some good mate.
In response to the question about the beardie x's they seem to be a bit harder to train but any i have had have plenty of fire and always try as hard at times a little to hard this is only from my experience and it may differ from dog to dog.I have a couple of 3/4 greyhounds 1/8 beardie 1/8 border and 1 is 6 years old and the other is 2 year old and both always try their hardest.Hope this is of some good mate.

Thanks for reply, it sounds like the bearded maybe not as clever then and could be a prefered option for some.anybody else noticed this ?

ive seen a few border collie crosses run wisely but not seen the bearded collie cross run.anybody any opinions?

i'd be interested to hear about beardie crosses, do people think they have the same 'dont think i'll catch it' attitude??? i'm not saying that that is my opinion of collie crosses because i think its safer to sit on the fence on this one :)

i dont think we'l get an answer bullwhip lol

oldskool bullwhip i have run both beardie crosses and border crosses the beardie is a bit more challenging to train and will be more head strong than the border crosses but imo the beardie alot harder better feet better coat more prey drive better work rate i couldnt go back to border crosses once you own a good beardie cross you will no :victory:
Guest oldskool

i read an article that the best cross of the lot was the beardie/border x greyhound??? it sounds like it could make sense??? although a well known breeder that we all know told that to a well known writer that we also know lol... i dare not mention they're names :icon_redface::)

ive seen a few border collie crosses run wisely but not seen the bearded collie cross run.anybody any opinions?

i'd be interested to hear about beardie crosses, do people think they have the same 'dont think i'll catch it' attitude??? i'm not saying that that is my opinion of collie crosses because i think its safer to sit on the fence on this one :)

i dont think we'l get an answer bullwhip lol

oldskool bullwhip i have run both beardie crosses and border crosses the beardie is a bit more challenging to train and will be more head strong than the border crosses but imo the beardie alot harder better feet better coat more prey drive better work rate i couldnt go back to border crosses once you own a good beardie cross you will no :victory:

the beardie cross has a lot more courage it makes the border collie x look like a pensioners yorkie walking on wet grass.

Guest RAB.MCKAY
well rab take it you a bit of a novice when it comes to the working lurcher as i like to see a dog put to the test weather it behind old long ears on nice flat land or rocky fell land taking 20/30 rabbits in a few hard hours work. a lurcher should be able to hunt on any ground even rock climbing as you have dumbly stated if your dog couldnt cope on such land i couldn't call it a lurcher :thumbdown: so you stick to your nice little grassy fields and let the proper dogs do the hard work

lol :whistling: u like those fieldsdo u .

wats the point in breeding an animal like a lurcher for running [bANNED TEXT] he cant even get a chance to get in to 2nd gear . y wer and r lurchers breed for ?

speed stimina etc balls u might as well run a terrier

Thanks for reply, it sounds like the bearded maybe not as clever then and could be a prefered option for some.anybody else noticed this ?

at first i would not touch a beardie x but two years constant nagging off mickyrich and i got a beardie pup... now i wont look back and wont be getting any more border xs. they definatly as clever just got more grit.

Guest RAB.MCKAY
Im sorry mate. Most of my replies have been on lamping. Day time work is a totally different kettle of fish. You are correct in that a dog needs to be steady and level headed to work day time bunnies. although on land such as yours a dog would soon learn to steady down or quiet simply end up crippled or worse. ive worked my bitches in places like that and they soon adapt to there surroundings. they are no less keen but set about there work with a bit more stealth should we say. I and my girls take work where we can find it and for bullxes they shine at everything i have thrown at them. Except ferrets lol.atb stabba
Run a bull cross on this land then tell me how much your vet bills are

post-33050-1241394301_thumb.jpg

and thats nothing against bull crosses as i believe it horses for coarses but this land aint for a bully :victory:

your fking nuts you shouldnt run a dog ther

yer he is, but his dog got enough brains for the pair of them lol :D

lol good crack this site

Guest RAB.MCKAY
Im sorry mate. Most of my replies have been on lamping. Day time work is a totally different kettle of fish. You are correct in that a dog needs to be steady and level headed to work day time bunnies. although on land such as yours a dog would soon learn to steady down or quiet simply end up crippled or worse. ive worked my bitches in places like that and they soon adapt to there surroundings. they are no less keen but set about there work with a bit more stealth should we say. I and my girls take work where we can find it and for bullxes they shine at everything i have thrown at them. Except ferrets lol.atb stabba
Run a bull cross on this land then tell me how much your vet bills are

post-33050-1241394301_thumb.jpg

and thats nothing against bull crosses as i believe it horses for coarses but this land aint for a bully :victory:

your fking nuts you shouldnt run a dog ther

yer he is, but his dog got enough brains for the pair of them lol :D

yes i agree im nuts but hey ho let it go and fsh your correct the dog has enough brains for the pair of us thats why we get along so well lol :tongue2:

lol good crack

well rab take it you a bit of a novice when it comes to the working lurcher as i like to see a dog put to the test weather it behind old long ears on nice flat land or rocky fell land taking 20/30 rabbits in a few hard hours work. a lurcher should be able to hunt on any ground even rock climbing as you have dumbly stated if your dog couldnt cope on such land i couldn't call it a lurcher :thumbdown: so you stick to your nice little grassy fields and let the proper dogs do the hard work

wats the point in breeding an animal like a lurcher for running [bANNED TEXT] he cant even get a chance to get in to 2nd gear . y wer and r lurchers breed for ?

Rab regardless of what anyone says a lurcher should have the brains and be capable to work on any ground and be confident doing so :victory:
Guest RAB.MCKAY

Rab regardless of what anyone says a lurcher should have the brains and be capable to work on any ground and be confident doing so :victory:

agreed

• 4 weeks later...