indoor lurchers?

Guest lurchers n lamps

it realy doesent make much difference but haveing it indoors means you will know that its safe youll also bond better with a inside dog and from my experiance it dont make them any softer my lurcher has been in the house his whole life he will still go out on the coldest of days and not be botherd by the cold but there are pluses to it being out side to like not haveing to worry about a mess when you get home if it gets dirty after a walk you can just put it in the kennel but personally i would say keep inside :good:

im soon to get a lurcher but not sure to keep it in house or not. will this make a difference to the dog if its kept in or out??

If you get an "out side" dog you can bring it in to the house if you wish, then put it back out when you need to !! (the dog will not mind)

But if you have a "house dog" it will not settle to easy if left out side when you wish,

also after a hard night lamping in the rain you hardly want/need a bid old dog snoozing on your chairs, (unless it catches 3/3, then it can stay at the bottom of the bed,)lol

keep a dog out side, make sure its dry and free from draught," your dog will most likely prefer it than being stuck in the house with the heating on any way,"

good luck with your new lurcher, :thumbs:

Guest jt750
im soon to get a lurcher but not sure to keep it in house or not. will this make a difference to the dog if its kept in or out??

If you get an "out side" dog you can bring it in to the house if you wish, then put it back out when you need to !! (the dog will not mind)

But if you have a "house dog" it will not settle to easy if left out side when you wish,

also after a hard night lamping in the rain you hardly want/need a bid old dog snoozing on your chairs, (unless it catches 3/3, then it can stay at the bottom of the bed,)lol

keep a dog out side, make sure its dry and free from draught," your dog will most likely prefer it than being stuck in the house with the heating on any way,"

So after a hard nights lamping in the rain you put your dog away get a cuppa and go to bed ? If its inside its likely to get hosed off towelled down and a warm bed to sleep in ....

mine sleep indoors i reckon its safer but they are out most the day as i work outdoors and bring the dogs with me this happens all through winter and summer which means they still get used to having to be out in all weathers, i like mine indoors as you naturally interact with them more, whether its smiling at them while walking past or curling up on the sofa with on dog next to you and the other at your feet, it helps pecking order too as you can have no go area in the house i.e upstairs kitchen etc

i do however have a dog run which is 10 foot by 18 foot where i put the dogs when they are having their bones or i have a visitor who is nervous with dogs etc, it can be nice to pop them out of the way for a bit and they have their bedding, water, toys bones etc so are very happy to chill out there for a bit

i have no problem with keepin a dog outside but you must be careful as we all know there are plenty of idiots to try and nick a dog and what with the credit crunch looming people may take more chances in order to make quick money, so sucurity IS A MUST and decent kennels can cost unless you are able to build yourself

also in regards to dogs outside i do think that more time is used when dog is outside, e.g cleaning out the kennel etc but also in training as it takes longer to build up the bond and my bitch can be a tad clingy to me if i leave her with a stranger but i would rather that then a dog who would happily trot down the road waggin his tail with anyone!!

end of the day its up to you, its your dog and do which ever suits you, as long as the dog is happy and secure then it don't really matter

all the best and good luck with your lurcher, happy hunting

lurcher lass x x x

if a dog lives outside in winter and you work it and put it away wet and dirty surely you will get problems..i always have my outside dogs in the kitchen,feet washed checked over and dried off before they go back out for the night...............

So after a hard nights lamping in the rain you put your dog away get a cuppa and go to bed ? If its inside its likely to get hosed off towelled down and a warm bed to sleep in ....

on return from a nights lamping my dog is "looked after"/feed + watered, then i get my cuppa and come on here mate ! (the dogs wealth is a first, weather in side or out)

he asked for opinions, ""This is mine"", and a good one at that i think !!

Edited by lurcher123

on return from a nights lamping my dog is "looked after"/feed + watered, then i get my cuppa, then come on here! mate...

he asked for opinions, ""This is mine"", and a good one at that !!

keep your knickers on darling,know ones saying your not a good dog man..we all respect your opinions.i just dont agree with them :D;):o

mine sleep indoors i reckon its safer but they are out most the day as i work outdoors and bring the dogs with me this happens all through winter and summer which means they still get used to having to be out in all weathers, i like mine indoors as you naturally interact with them more, whether its smiling at them while walking past or curling up on the sofa with on dog next to you and the other at your feet, it helps pecking order too as you can have no go area in the house i.e upstairs kitchen etc

i do however have a dog run which is 10 foot by 18 foot where i put the dogs when they are having their bones or i have a visitor who is nervous with dogs etc, it can be nice to pop them out of the way for a bit and they have their bedding, water, toys bones etc so are very happy to chill out there for a bit

i have no problem with keepin a dog outside but you must be careful as we all know there are plenty of idiots to try and nick a dog and what with the credit crunch looming people may take more chances in order to make quick money, so sucurity IS A MUST and decent kennels can cost unless you are able to build yourself

also in regards to dogs outside i do think that more time is used when dog is outside, e.g cleaning out the kennel etc but also in training as it takes longer to build up the bond and my bitch can be a tad clingy to me if i leave her with a stranger but i would rather that then a dog who would happily trot down the road waggin his tail with anyone!!

end of the day its up to you, its your dog and do which ever suits you, as long as the dog is happy and secure then it don't really matter

all the best and good luck with your lurcher, happy hunting

lurcher lass x x x

Good post LL ;)