Suppressor for a Tikka T3 Lite .223

Lads im after a bit of information, Ill be looking to get a suppressor for my t3 lite in the next few months. The t3 is already factory threaded so that wont be a problem. Anyone any good recommendations or what are your setups on your t3 lite. I would like to keep the weight down and the length as well as i like the short barrel. Any info would be good..

Thanks in advance Riflehunter

I wouldn't bother.

Its a massive weight penalty (on a rifle you've paid a premium to be light) and it makes the gun very nose heavy.

For the 4 rounds a day you'll shoot through it - don't bother.

Wear 15 grams of ear defenders.

Sensible.

PS

IN this day and age, there's no reason not to have a mod on a sporting rifle. If you get the right one your balance is still very good and you don't need muffs. Also, if you have neighbours, you piss them off much less.

Ase ultra jet is the best by far my mate has one on his t3 tacktical in 223 and I have one on a 243 the best £275 I have every spent !

I have both and I disagree. From behind the rifle, with the 22 baffles in, my P8 is quieter. I know that flies in the face of most tests, but that's how it is to me. WEight is about the same. Where the JetZ does win is for lamping, as it's smaller overall and so there's less splash on it from the lamp, which is better.

WEight is about the same. Where the JetZ does win is for lamping, as it's smaller overall and so there's less splash on it from the lamp, which is better.

exactly this was one of the reasons I chose ase over any other as for for sound report differance thats a matter of opinion I would still rate them over any other.

The best value per decibel reduction moderator in the sporting rifle tests was the PES muzzle can. But I think they are big and bulky and spoil the look of a rifle. I would go with a reflex (over the barrel) mod, and make sure it is one with a rear bush. And yes i know the bush can affect barrel harmonics, but if you are going to take the rifle in the field and give it some abuse, the bush helps protect the alignment of the mod/barrel.

I have a t8, and everyone hates them seemingly! Because they rust, (mine hasn't, yet) even though they are better than most in decibel reduction tests. So go for a stainless, reflex that is bushed at the back end.

Wildcats are alloy and stainless and are yet to be proven over time that they have no rusting problems, as there is always a problem with two different metals in contact. But you can strip them to clean them. And buy other baffle stacks for other calibres for them which makes them cost effective I suppose.

Border Barrels are advertising a relex as " the same as a T8, but stainless", which i do not think has been tested yet?

PES reflex seem to have gone out of fashion, mainly i think because there was a weight problem, they are ff'in heavy compared to some of the others. If I were buying new I wouldhave the PES scout.

Now for it! I'm preparing for the barrage!!

:icon_eek: As for ASE, folks who spend that amount of money on a mod have to justfy it somehow, they are never going to admit they got it wrong, even though they never come out top in the tests :icon_eek:

I am now going into my bunker, i may be in there some time :tongue2:

Atb, ft

Edited by flytie