i know its 6 weeks old and a little young but he is getting used to jumping things already, only small jumps but i was wondering could it be possible for me to start getting the puppy i have chosen to retreive socks and stuff just to get used to retreiving, or is it too young, but i have done a little bit here and there but he doesnt seem to be interested in the sock how ever much i wind him up and if he does once he has a caught it will leave it go. anyone got any tips just to get the little bugger retreiving and chasing the things i throw for it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the pup is far to young to be doing anything mate it is only 42 days old ... its eyes have only been open for 2 weeks it wont even be able to focus properly yet let alone have the ability to follow an object and have the instinct to retrieve it ... the same for jumping mate no matter how small its way to early to be doing anything ... all you need to do is carry on with the sociolising get him to learn his name and keep feeding him on quality meat ... there will be plenty of time for training once they are a little older ... dont be doing anything with my little blue bitch mate i have my training and conditioning programme all mapped out ;) ...................

i know its 6 weeks old and a little young but he is getting used to jumping things already, only small jumps but i was wondering could it be possible for me to start getting the puppy i have chosen to retreive socks and stuff just to get used to retreiving, or is it too young, but i have done a little bit here and there but he doesnt seem to be interested in the sock how ever much i wind him up and if he does once he has a caught it will leave it go. anyone got any tips just to get the little bugger retreiving and chasing the things i throw for it.

you fuxxing knob the pup is 6 weeks not 6 months for fxck sake get a grip.

get a feking hampster and grow up abit before you keep a pup i suppose youll be taking it lamping next week :wallbash::wallbash:

chill out fellas for f u c k s sake he is only a young lad and this is his first pup he was only asking a question after all isnt what this site is about ... promoting hunting and helping the new generation to get it right ... somehow i dont think calling the young fella a f u c k i n g knob and telling him to grow up is really going to help steer him on the right road ..............

Edited by socks

thats way to early to do that with i cant beleve people exspeckting a six wk old pup to jump and retrieve wat hell are you thinking of its not long left the mother give it a chance to grow up a bit is this the first dog you have had god i cant beleve wat your trying to do get to grips mate commen sence wouldent go a miss i gess mlb :wallbash:

the pup is far to young to be doing anything mate it is only 42 days old ... its eyes have only been open for 2 weeks it wont even be able to focus properly yet let alone have the ability to follow an object and have the instinct to retrieve it ... the same for jumping mate no matter how small its way to early to be doing anything ... all you need to do is carry on with the sociolising get him to learn his name and keep feeding him on quality meat ... there will be plenty of time for training once they are a little older ... dont be doing anything with my little blue bitch mate i have my training and conditioning programme all mapped out ;) ...................

says it all

chill out fellas for f u c k s sake he is only a young lad and this is his first pup he was only asking a question after all isnt what this site is about ... promoting hunting and helping the new generation to get it right ... somehow i dont think calling the young fella a f u c k i n g knob and telling him to grow up is really going to help steer him on the right road ..............
well why dont you tell him how its done ? or take him under your wing and teach him all the tricks of the trade . six fxcking weeks ?

thanks for sticking up for me, some of these guys are arseholes. ill take his mother lamping next week and bend one into her, haha. joking i aint stooping down to your level well i been watching some lurcher DVDs they had the dogs retrieving at 6 weeks on there so sorry if he done it wrong aint it. jumping i aint giving it no SAS assault coarse it is just a little jump, just so i knows how to get over things not to run into it. your a bunch of arseholes having a pop at me like that it was a question all i done so far is have it jump about 8 inches and have it chase a sock on a string. IDIOTS ! :clapper:

well why dont you tell him how its done ? or take him under your wing and teach him all the tricks of the trade . six fxcking weeks ?

i will and there is room under my other wing for you if you want to learn something aswell :D:D:D .................

i will and there is room under my other wing for you if you want to learn something aswell :D:D:D .................

yes plesase.

Well mate, the rest of them on here are right , maybe a trifle harsh ,but I'm sure they are thinking of the pups welfare.

Just bond with it for now ,and DO NOT DO ANY JUMPING, with it however small the obstacle ,its bones have not knitted yet ,you will f**k up its pasterns if you continue, plenty of time for that.Get it use to coming to call ,and gradually introduce a soft toy on a string ,as a teaser.Don't rush the first year is all about making the deposit in the bank to draw on for the future.ATB Inan.