chill out fellas for f u c k s sake he is only a young lad and this is his first pup he was only asking a question after all isnt what this site is about ... promoting hunting and helping the new generation to get it right ... somehow i dont think calling the young fella a f u c k i n g knob and telling him to grow up is really going to help steer him on the right road ..............
well why dont you tell him how its done ? or take him under your wing and teach him all the tricks of the trade . six fxcking weeks ?

i will and there is room under my other wing for you if you want to learn something aswell :D:D:D .................

yes plesase.

ok we will start with good kennel management ... all you have to do is clean out my kennels twice a day every day for say 6 months and if at the end of that i think you are doing a good job we will move on to the feeding and watering regime followed closely by the correct way to lead walk a dog :D:D:D ...............

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chill out fellas for f u c k s sake he is only a young lad and this is his first pup he was only asking a question after all isnt what this site is about ... promoting hunting and helping the new generation to get it right ... somehow i dont think calling the young fella a f u c k i n g knob and telling him to grow up is really going to help steer him on the right road ..............
well why dont you tell him how its done ? or take him under your wing and teach him all the tricks of the trade . six fxcking weeks ?

i will and there is room under my other wing for you if you want to learn something aswell :D:D:D .................

yes plesase.

ok we will start with good kennel management ... all you have to do is clean out my kennels twice a day every day for say 6 months and if at the end of that i think you are doing a good job we will move on to the feeding and watering regime followed closely by the correct way to lead walk a dog :D:D:D ...............

ok mate. im happy with that. pm me your address and i will be there . iv pmed you mine so we got a relationshipe going. atb dai

what have you called it mate? would like see pic of it. was the litter all about same size? was harsh comments! got learn somewhere. maybe ask questions first, before start doing things your unsure of. good luck with pup mate. all about bonding at the moment

My pup was about 12 weeks when she started retrieving, sometimes she still shows no interest and she has only managed to retrieve a few times when out of the house or garden at 16 weeks. She was also about 12 weeks when she started jumping onto the sofa and over the back of it and run out into the garden. Soon got the whip out to stop that though!!! :angry: Thats a joke by the way incase you decide to start "Training the Whip Way"

Edited by anagallis_arvensis

was wondering when you would apologise to the poor kid! fecking women sort yourself out, and change your photo its not a pretty site i can assure you!! :sick: adam mate dont worry about these jumped up mugs having a pop at you kidder your obviously keen as mustard and thats good but for the moment enjoy him being a pup play around with him get some bonding with the pup and use to his name. plenty of time for more intense training atb :thumbs:

i know its 6 weeks old and a little young but he is getting used to jumping things already, only small jumps but i was wondering could it be possible for me to start getting the puppy i have chosen to retreive socks and stuff just to get used to retreiving, or is it too young, but i have done a little bit here and there but he doesnt seem to be interested in the sock how ever much i wind him up and if he does once he has a caught it will leave it go. anyone got any tips just to get the little bugger retreiving and chasing the things i throw for it.

Nothing wrong with starting him at this age....socks are a good tool to use..preferably one you have worn...lol..just give him time to get used to to his surroundings....keep teasing him with it and when he's worked up roll it along the floor....just keep at it!

I cant believe some of the reply's this young lad has had from so called lurcher men.....training a dog can start from almost the day you get it in relation to recall small retreiving sit etc...I took from what he posted that the dog was jumping small obsticles nothing dangerous or hap hazard...and for the muppet who stated the dogs eyes have only been open two weeks....they open around two weeks old and the dog is 6weeks old and can focus on objects fine. If your going to offer advice or criticism make it constructive not the excuse to have a go at someone who is at least making an effort to train his dog :doh:

I cant believe some of the reply's this young lad has had from so called lurcher men.....training a dog can start from almost the day you get it in relation to recall small retreiving sit etc...I took from what he posted that the dog was jumping small obsticles nothing dangerous or hap hazard...and for the muppet who stated the dogs eyes have only been open two weeks....they open around two weeks old and the dog is 6weeks old and can focus on objects fine. If your going to offer advice or criticism make it constructive not the excuse to have a go at someone who is at least making an effort to train his dog :doh:

muppet LOL f u c k me you are priceless ... ok lets get a few facts straight here ...

no1 .... we all know that puppys eyes open between 10 to 14 days however it takes another 3 weeks for the retinas cones and rods to begin to work correctly so that the pup can see properly distinguish things rather than just seeing shapes ... it takes another few weeks for the pup to be able to focus correctly and follow a thrown object (thats why pups run into things)

no2 .... yes you can start training a dog from the day you get it which is normally around the 8 week mark not the 6 week mark and that training normally consists of teaching the dog its name the recal (how else can you teach the retrieve correctly) then you move on to the basic commands of sit lay etc .....

no3 .... i dont believe i had a go at the lad quite the opposite i believe i gave him some constructive advice and then stood up for him when others slagged him down

no4 .... why am i so involved with this thread ... oh yhea one of the pups is pick of the litter which is coming to me as my greyhound is the sire so i have a vested interest in this litter and want to make sure that no mistakes are made with their upbringing which so far has been A1 .......

muppet :clapper::clapper::clapper: ...............

Guest fence_hopper

purdeys progress mate watch that and it should make things abit more clear for you. you should never rush a pup give it time to grow and make learning a game that way you'll end up with a better level headed happy pup rather than a nervous bag of mess. let it enjoy being a puppy don't rush it to grow up. things will fall into place if you give it enough time. you don't want to ruish it jumping its still growing remember. alb al

Hang on a minute this is my fault ,I lent Adam a copy of purdeys progress and on that Dave Sleight says to get a pup retrieving sit near his bed and throw a rolled up pair of socks ,the pup will pick them up and return to his bed you intercept him and that is the start of retrieving , he says to do this as soon as you get the pup 6 - 8 weeks . and i dont think hes training the pup to jump .

The jumping thing i think Adam is worried that the dogs are trying to jump out of their pen which is about 14" high but when the pups are piled up in one corner there are some using the others to get over .

Allthough its to young to start proper retrieving its the time to bond and play with the pup . so dont be to hard on Adam hes only asking a question .