Had a Paj untill about two yrs ago.

Fine if you get a good one but heads are prone to 'blow'then the turbo soon follows.

Goto http://pajerouk.co.uk/ they'll answer quite a few questions for you.

I'd get one again knowing now what to look out for,but I'd recommend the disco.

ps paj's are imports with better specs in many ways than the shogun.

But why did they change the european/USA models name to shogun?

Pajero in spanish means 'Straw puller'...Ask Wikipedia. :cry:

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink: >>>>> :sick:

Edited by Meriln2008
i wouldnt bother with either if i were you. crewcab hilux is the way ahead me thinks.

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: the most guttless truck on the market today...for god sake dont get a crew cab they are even slower with the extra weight :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

I haven't exactly tested mine off road ........

But, what I will say is that the Discovery is dead easy to work on, like a big Meccano set, 99% of parts are available second hand, and are dead cheap, new parts such as service items are available very cheap, full filter kit is around £15 off ebay.

There are loads of lads out there who are happy to give good free advice and help, mine is a TD5 and I've done loads of work on it to get it looking and driving like a much newer model, I haven't found a anything yet that someone else hasn't done to them and is willing to give advice on.

BUY BRITISH!

:D

Did I mention that I make dog collars? ;)

Disco's are rust buckets, unrealiable and very slow. My friend is the head mechanic at Marshalls, and he does not recomend those piles of........... :D

Buy British if you want your rust bucket in a garage most of its life, But then if you have loads of money for repairs and have loads of time looking on E BAY for parts and want a run around then go for it! Disco's are best placed on a farm to be ragged around and left to die!

There are much more better 4x4's on the market.

The choice is yours.

LOL BUY BRITISH

;)

I had a Paj for a couple of years and I must admit couldn't realy fault it mechanicly wise... this model was the 2.8 SWB version with the timeing chain, a good solid lump which passed everything except a petrol station ;)....

fuel consumption was a nightmare! the fuel gauge moved faster than the speedo

Jasper