Have you taken the poor dog to the vet yet?

Don't bank on it, :no: did you see the thread where the OP was concerned that her dog had bloat???

To be honest any thread she starts ends in a slanging match regarding the care of the animal in question , i cant believe that the tail was '' alegedly'' bleeding for a week & she didnt seek veterinary advice, to be honest i think most of its made up half the time

so far its been dog eating crackers & suspects bloat

ferret with no water or food

now this lot with the tail

i know all folks are different & have different levels of understanding and i would help anyone who i thought was genuinly just needing gentle guidence especially if it were ferret related but she does not come across as needing this for very basic things like feeding watering of animals , i suspect all this is tripe as i really think if there was something going on with a dog as serious as '' suspected'' bloat she would have got it sorted it

Whats that condition called when your constantly wanting illnesses etc called ?

Münchausen by proxy (i think) :D and i think you're not far wrong kay!

Well i await the flack later i will no doubt get but it needed saying , i would like to think i am wrong but theres only so many times people can cry wolf & get the desired reaction, it eventually catches up with them

serial thread starter :hmm:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kay I think your just jealous of her youth :laugh:

Just joking :tongue2:

i would love to turn back the clock :laugh::laugh:

Have you taken the poor dog to the vet yet?

Don't bank on it, :no: did you see the thread where the OP was concerned that her dog had bloat???

To be honest any thread she starts ends in a slanging match regarding the care of the animal in question , i cant believe that the tail was '' alegedly'' bleeding for a week & she didnt seek veterinary advice, to be honest i think most of its made up half the time

so far its been dog eating crackers & suspects bloat

ferret with no water or food

now this lot with the tail

i know all folks are different & have different levels of understanding and i would help anyone who i thought was genuinly just needing gentle guidence especially if it were ferret related but she does not come across as needing this for very basic things like feeding watering of animals , i suspect all this is tripe as i really think if there was something going on with a dog as serious as '' suspected'' bloat she would have got it sorted it

Whats that condition called when your constantly wanting illnesses etc called ?

Münchausen by proxy (i think) :D and i think you're not far wrong kay!

Well i await the flack later i will no doubt get but it needed saying , i would like to think i am wrong but theres only so many times people can cry wolf & get the desired reaction, it eventually catches up with them

serial thread starter :hmm:

Well at 9.50pm the tail thread was started then at 10.12pm the stamina one materialised , it took 22 mins to go from a week long tail bleed to wanting to know how to boost stammina in a dog with a week long tail bleed , tret like royalty my arse , used as attention seeking tools YES :yes:

Millet he is an excellent vet the best around here IMO and your right he is one of the few I have come across what dont rip people off.

james haddow is the vets name reasonably priced as well

i use francis allen shes ot cheap but is the best running dog vet i have ever came across her partner does a bit hunting as well so you get no probs with her if you get my drift

Edited by deputydog

jess now has her insulation pipe on her tail and its gaffer tapped on and is staying in the yard during the day since the weather is nice and its scabbing over nicley and aint been bleeding as late...and before you say i should have been to the vets rang up a mate who is a vetenary nurse and described what it was like and she told me to exactly that

also for the record the ferret has now been rehomed, or as my brother and parents think "got out the hutch" ;)......and my terrier is as healthy as ever just a notorious duck food theif

jess now has her insulation pipe on her tail and its gaffer tapped on and is staying in the yard during the day since the weather is nice and its scabbing over nicley and aint been bleeding as late...and before you say i should have been to the vets rang up a mate who is a vetenary nurse and described what it was like and she told me to exactly that

also for the record the ferret has now been rehomed, or as my brother and parents think "got out the hutch" ;)......and my terrier is as healthy as ever just a notorious duck food theif

why didn't you ring this mate when you thought your terrier might have bloat?! :no:

why didn't you ring this mate when you thought your terrier might have bloat?! :no:

i did in the morning as she wasnt picking up her phone that evening,so i rang her the next morning and she adviced me to just not feed her and let her poop it out as it was highley unlikley her stomach would twist as she wasnt in pain and because of her breed and size

and shes looking as well as ever:D

post-25387-1239183488.jpg

Edited by JPTfellterrier
  • 2 weeks later...
well last week my jess knocked the end off her tail, not exactly sure how but i presume its because it never stops wagging, anyway a week later its still bleeding as soon as she gets in the house and wacks it off somthing, ive tryed putting liquid plaster on it and it still keeps on bleeding.....anyone got any suggestions im trying to keep her in the yard as much as possible so she dont wack off things as much but shes still managing to knock the end off it

i was thinking kiddies glue!

I had a whippet that kept knocking his tail... i put some tube bandage on it... the type you get for your fingers, and a lot of the tape to hold it on. That worked brilliantly for me. See what your vet has to say, just incase though.... the bandage doesnt work for all coz some will pull it straight off.

well last week my jess knocked the end off her tail, not exactly sure how but i presume its because it never stops wagging, anyway a week later its still bleeding as soon as she gets in the house and wacks it off somthing, ive tryed putting liquid plaster on it and it still keeps on bleeding.....anyone got any suggestions im trying to keep her in the yard as much as possible so she dont wack off things as much but shes still managing to knock the end off it

i was thinking kiddies glue!

I had a whippet that kept knocking his tail... i put some tube bandage on it... the type you get for your fingers, and a lot of the tape to hold it on. That worked brilliantly for me. See what your vet has to say, just incase though.... the bandage doesnt work for all coz some will pull it straight off.

thank you its getting better it has a little scab on the end of it now

Poor dog :angry: Im sorry but do you actually like this dog/love this dog.If so why are you so reluctant to get proper care for the dog when its hurt or ill sorry if im wrong here but it does look that way.If its cash thats the problem blue cross help out with vet bills if your on a low income or the pdsa if you have one.Its crap like this that gives everyone else a band name if my dog had been bleeding the way you describe id have been at the vets well before the week was out and if i even had the slightest doubt in my mind that my dog may have bloat(a FATAL condition that can kill in a few hours)Wild horses wouldnt have stopped me taking the dog to the vet or at the very least phoning for advice.I know you say you phoned the next day but that would have been far too late for the dog if it had bloat personally i think you need to rethink your priorities and either get the dog a new home or start taking better care of it.Sorry but thats how i feel

that may be your opinion but my dog wasnt exactly bleeding to death through her tail she had grazed the very end so every time she wacked it off somthing it would make the white tip of her tail go red, not gushing with blood and its now on the mend

and well maybe i should have rang the vet but my terrier was fine and when i asked my friend the next day she said she was at a very low risk of her stomach turning and she was in no pain at the time, so maybe i should have taken her to the vet but i would have got charge £70 for them to tell me to take her home and dont feed her as i did...and i dont trust any vet these days they have just robbed £3000 of my £5000 limit on insurance on my horse to say they dont no whats wrong and didnt even think to call us as a follow up call at all so i go to vets as little as possible as have treatments here and shed loads of bandages

i give my dogs the utmost care and respect, they have the biggest medical kit you could ever want incase somthing happens, and they now get the best of everything, including sausage sandwiches which is a bit naughty but they love them, they get a walk of 2-5 miles a day across vast countrysdie and are both very happy content dogs

that may be your opinion but my dog wasnt exactly bleeding to death through her tail she had grazed the very end so every time she wacked it off somthing it would make the white tip of her tail go red, not gushing with blood and its now on the mend

and well maybe i should have rang the vet but my terrier was fine and when i asked my friend the next day she said she was at a very low risk of her stomach turning and she was in no pain at the time, so maybe i should have taken her to the vet but i would have got charge £70 for them to tell me to take her home and dont feed her as i did...and i dont trust any vet these days they have just robbed £3000 of my £5000 limit on insurance on my horse to say they dont no whats wrong and didnt even think to call us as a follow up call at all so i go to vets as little as possible as have treatments here and shed loads of bandages

i give my dogs the utmost care and respect, they have the biggest medical kit you could ever want incase somthing happens, and they now get the best of everything, including sausage sandwiches which is a bit naughty but they love them, they get a walk of 2-5 miles a day across vast countrysdie and are both very happy content dogs

Why is this even a thread if you have the biggest medical kit in the world....Use it on the dogs tail...!!!!!

Oh....you cant.....you dont know how to......not much point in having it then is there...!!!!!

Here we go again...!!!!!! :wallbash:

just to add a little note about dogs with the tip of there tails bleeding.

when i have had this happen to my dogs in the past,

i cover in vet powder and put a hair curler on the end of the tail, it keeps the fresh air around the wound,and protects any blows

this would be better practice than the hose pipe method.

it can sometimes be impossible to heal this up. even after many weeks later, it can open up again,

be warned.

the vets are always the best option.