Making a small Fish Pond.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had a big Pond I'd love to have all sorts of Freshwater Fish In there but I've got the smallest Garden so will have to make do with this! :yes:

Might get a couple of Goldfish then go down the local Pond and see what I can catch :laugh:

Butch

Edited by Little Butch
i dug this one the other day only took a day to dig and shape was easy enuf just go bigerrrrrrrrrrr

Those tracks look suspiciously like a "kubota" has been close..............Shouldn't have taken a day with one of those!

Swampy

Ning

yes it was a qubota...we started at diner time and finished at 4 the diging itself was over and dun with it was just the shapeing of the shelves and cleeneing up

Little butch - do not put gravel in the bottom of it - all it does is create somewhere for debris etc to gather, stagnate and poison your pond. If you are putting a small pump in, the gravel will get sucked into your pump and block and damge the pump. If you do not have a filter then you might need to clean out the bottom every now and again (with a net to remove leaves etc) gravel will only create a dirty mess in there. Let the water stand for a few weeks before you expect anything to live in it and survive. You could get a water lily in a pot and set it on the bottom of the pond - it will soon grow and cover the pond surface to provde shelter to the inhabitants. The pond looks quite small so it might be good to use as a wildlife pond for frogs, newts, dragonfiles etc. rather than fish. If you lived closer I have a pond full of last years baby goldfish - you could have tried a few of those. But let your pond water settle before you try to put any fish in and then just stick to a couple of small ones - it is hard to be patient but it is so disapointing to see them die after a few days. Keep posting pictures of your progress.

i dug this one the other day only took a day to dig and shape was easy enuf just go bigerrrrrrrrrrr

Those tracks look suspiciously like a "kubota" has been close..............Shouldn't have taken a day with one of those!

Swampy

Ning

yes it was a qubota...we started at diner time and finished at 4 the diging itself was over and dun with it was just the shapeing of the shelves and cleeneing up

Not really a day then.

Great bits of kit them minis

Swampy

Guest poacher dude
It's filled right up now..

Thanks JPT, you got msn? PM me It.. I keep Tropical Fish aswell but we've only got a couple left now.

How long will the Water be alright for If I don't get a Pump? I plan on getting one soon but will It go Stagnent In a week or so?

DSCF1731.jpg

Butch

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA WTF IS THAT HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :laugh::laugh:

i think some may say its rustic :laugh:

It looks like a feckin pig walla :piggy:

lmao if your not careful youl get a slap lol :clapper:

• 2 weeks later...