Making a small Fish Pond.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's mine so far, It's still filling :)

I've put some Gavel along the Bottom but might add some more later.

Just need to get hold of a Pump and some Plants. Don't suppose anybody's got too many Plants In their Pond and wanna send me some over? :D

DSCF1727.jpg

DSCF1728.jpg

Butch

i dug this one the other day only took a day to dig and shape was easy enuf just go bigerrrrrrrrrrr

Those tracks look suspiciously like a "kubota" has been close..............Shouldn't have taken a day with one of those!

Swampy

Ning

Here's mine so far, It's still filling :)

I've put some Gavel along the Bottom but might add some more later.

Just need to get hold of a Pump and some Plants. Don't suppose anybody's got too many Plants In their Pond and wanna send me some over? :D

DSCF1727.jpg

DSCF1728.jpg

Butch

Just a couple of things Butch.

That overhanging tree could cause problems. I don't know what type it is but they can drip poisons into the pond. Also the roots may spread and damage the liner. If you can get your hands on some puddle clay it would be good underneath the liner. It is quite pricey tho'

Probably a bit late now tho'. Just my view mind

Good luck

Swampy

swimming and ninging

i would suggest a filter as with out it the fish wont last to long (probably till next winter ususally) also most goldfish these days have been, from birth, in super filtered tanks so that is what they are used to(not like the wild caught ones you used to get from the fair) your pond will probably contain amonia which is poisonous to fish but a filter makes a chemical reaction in the water making it safe for the fish....you also need to consider do you fill the pond up with the hose as chlorine from tap water is really poisinous to fish.....im not really an expert in ponds but no alot about indoor goldfish in tropicals

hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions as can ask my mate at work who knows a little more about the pond side

bog standard comet goldfish would be best but introduce them slowly over two hours, role down the bag you get em in and place it in the water (it floats if you role it down you see) dunk it under every 15 minutes letting a little bit of water in and after two hours let em out that gives them more of a chance (we managed to get a tropical fish-warm fresh water to live in a marine-salt water quarinitine tank we were maturing-takes 6 weeks- by introducing that way) all it does is avoids the shock to the system of going from one type of water to anouther

also i dont know what the plant is called but just ask your local fish shop for some pond weed, it usually comes in led weights and has lots of littleleaves on long stems....really good oxygenator

and just add 2 or 3 fish and see how they get on, if they are still swimming in a month or so get some more

It's filled right up now..

Thanks JPT, you got msn? PM me It.. I keep Tropical Fish aswell but we've only got a couple left now.

How long will the Water be alright for If I don't get a Pump? I plan on getting one soon but will It go Stagnent In a week or so?

DSCF1731.jpg

Butch

Thanks JPT, you got msn? PM me It.. I keep Tropical Fish aswell but we've only got a couple left now.

How long will the Water be alright for If I don't get a Pump? I plan on getting one soon but will It go Stagnent In a week or so?

DSCF1731.jpg

Butch

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA WTF IS THAT HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :laugh::laugh:

DSCF1731.jpg

Butch

i think some may say its rustic :laugh:

DSCF1731.jpg

Butch

i think some may say its rustic :laugh:

It looks like a feckin pig walla :piggy: