LAST NIGHT'S SHINE.

I had just over an hour out with Jimmy and Bob tonight, my first time out for a while as i'm still busy with my shed and kennel after moving. The night was flat calm but at least it was dark, there wasn't a lot of rabbits about but what was there Bob ran well picking up 9.

What he's not good at is going down the beam to rabbits that are sitting tight, although he has lamped all season he hasn't seemed to work out that if I keep the lamp on one spot and hiss him down the beam there will be a rabbit there waiting for him.Hopefully the penny will eventually drop.

We are hoping to get out three or four times before the clocks change at the end of March to stock the freezers up a bit.

Pic from tonight.

1214.jpg

I had just over an hour out with Jimmy and Bob tonight, my first time out for a while as i'm still busy with my shed and kennel after moving. The night was flat calm but at least it was dark, there wasn't a lot of rabbits about but what was there Bob ran well picking up 9.

What he's not good at is going down the beam to rabbits that are sitting tight, although he has lamped all season he hasn't seemed to work out that if I keep the lamp on one spot and hiss him down the beam there will be a rabbit there waiting for him.Hopefully the penny will eventually drop.

We are hoping to get out three or four times before the clocks change at the end of March to stock the freezers up a bit.

Pic from tonight.

1214.jpg

tidy..nice gog two..

Pic from tonight.

1214.jpg

Powerful looking fella ,I'm sure he will catch on ,one of mine has just started going down the beam.ATB

Pic from tonight.

1214.jpg

welldone pal

Good stuff tote, Jimmy looks pleased as punch as per usual :D

Some dogs take longer than others to realise whats happening with sitters, try sending him out and then give him some kind of verbal hint when hes almost on top of the bunny, I use the word "steady". My old dogs know exactly what this means, I can send them out into a field in the daytime and make them halt up when they get close to a rabbit Ive spotted clamped down using this command. Its just repetition really, just keep doing the same thing over and over until the dog realises whats expected of him. Good to see Bob coming along, its been interesting following his progress over the season ;)

I had another walk out with Jimmy and Bob tonight. The rabbits were a bit thin on the ground and the ones that were out and about didn't stay put for long. Again Bob ran well and managed 7 rabbits.

Tonights pic.

1218.jpg