Speed or skill?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as you say mate, some people like speed, some skill.. those who are lucky have both! i dont have the knowlege you lot have, but surely its horses for courses, or dogs for quarry/situation, depends on what you need from your dog.. atb mick :thumbs:

as you say mate, some people like speed, some skill.. those who are lucky have both! i dont have the knowlege you lot have, but surely its horses for courses, or dogs for quarry/situation, depends on what you need from your dog.. atb mick :thumbs:

That is true mate horses for courses every dog works different and i have never came across 2 dogs that work the same :thumbs:

for the sort of lurcher work i do, [ woodland areas,daytime ] i think that " AGILITY and PREYDRIVE" are more important , In a wood a dog doesnt get chance to ever reach full SPEED, twisting , turning and jumping, whilst chasing its chosen quarry, AGILITY will get a dog up closer to what your running and high prey drive will overcome obsticles, send a dog crashing through bushes without hesitating to more often than not secure a firm hold, ive seen fast dogs that are good at coursing but seem slightly out of their depth in a wood ,and dont seem to produce know where near as good as they do out in the open, [HORSES FOR COURSES ] i say , happy hunting , MR POACH .

I have worked and owned a few different breeds of lurcher through the years, some have been real speed machines but some of these speed machines do unfortunatley get injured and banged up because of the drive in them i have also owned and worked lurchers that arent what you would call a fast dog but what they may lack in speed they make up in there skills i.e learning what move there quarries gona make before it makes it,trotting down the beam to there quarry and using there stealth to ways to help them catch there quarry, just wandering what people like to favour :thumbs:

I settle for a dog with either :icon_redface:

I have worked and owned a few different breeds of lurcher through the years, some have been real speed machines but some of these speed machines do unfortunatley get injured and banged up because of the drive in them i have also owned and worked lurchers that arent what you would call a fast dog but what they may lack in speed they make up in there skills i.e learning what move there quarries gona make before it makes it,trotting down the beam to there quarry and using there stealth to ways to help them catch there quarry, just wandering what people like to favour :thumbs:

bit of both . . . .

post-13933-1237413837.jpg

what a sh*t toppic why bother replying to a load of bollocks

I think youll find this is a forum fence flopper and i just like to see what lads favour in there dogs if you thinks its a shit topic then thats your opinion il have to remember that when i see what bollocks you put up on here mate :wankerzo4:

bit of both . . . .

post-13933-1237413837.jpg

i LOVE that photo, i like seeing them liek i always do but never think of using a camera :) ill try to takeone when coursing on fridaynight :p