there are two main salts, commonly refered to as electrolytes, sodium (Na) and potassium (KCL) sodium is in the main in the blood and potassium in the cells, muscles etc. adding table salt will give sodium but the most likely cause of cramps will be an imbalence of potassium in the muscles. how can you tell what your dog needs as if your dog has low Kcl then giving Na will just make matters worse. a well hydrated, well fed and fit dog shouldn't need extra salt or bicarb (bicarb part of the metabolic buffering system also used to ease constipation).

:blink:

• 2 weeks later...
there are two main salts, commonly refered to as electrolytes, sodium (Na) and potassium (KCL) sodium is in the main in the blood and potassium in the cells, muscles etc. adding table salt will give sodium but the most likely cause of cramps will be an imbalence of potassium in the muscles. how can you tell what your dog needs as if your dog has low Kcl then giving Na will just make matters worse. a well hydrated, well fed and fit dog shouldn't need extra salt or bicarb (bicarb part of the metabolic buffering system also used to ease constipation).

:blink:

Nice answer mate .The dog needing the electrolyte is on the point of exaustion or past it .Know when to stop running the dog and not push it as this is when accidents happen..Energy boosts are in my opinion ,a bad idea too as they allow a dog to run through an injury.I think its best to let a dog run on natural reserves as he will pull up quicker when injured thus not damaging further .

• 3 weeks later...

Why f**k about penny pinching when theres top quality products on the market that are not expensive anyway.

not everyone is on a decent income,or even works,maby if there so cheap,you wont mind sending him one to try it,its a good question imo

:laugh::laugh: I don't profess to be on a decent income either & those unemployed that are physically able should get up off their lazy arses & find work :D

I don't call £14.50 for a litre of Recharge expensive when you only use 10mls a time anyway.

It is a good question :good:

recharge is a good product ive been coursing forover 30 yrs and everyone i know uses it