whate does bi carbonate soda bring to the equasion ???

well seeing as you havnt answered i will tell you ........ if your dog digests bicarbonate of soda the dog can suffer from electrolyte changes ..... muscle spasms .... and heart failure ... dont believe me go and put some in a glass of water and watch what happens ........

whate does bi carbonate soda bring to the equasion ???well seeing as you havnt answered i will tell you

well seeing as you havnt answered i will tell you ........ if your dog digests bicarbonate of soda the dog can suffer from electrolyte changes ..... muscle spasms .... and heart failure ... dont believe me go and put some in a glass of water and watch what happens ........

"well seeing as you havnt answered i will tell you "...

f.ucking hell boy,i only made the post 12mins before your reply,not suprising i hav'nt answered is it,or am i to continuously watch the post incase someone replies?

"whate does bi carbonate soda bring to the equasion ???"

bicarbonate of soda is decomposed by the acids in the body/gut,neautralising them in the process,an antacid effect if you will,it will also aid in the depletion of lactic acid(thats the one that causes the cramps you talk of).

"dont believe me go and put some in a glass of water and watch what happens ........"

a glass of water,i'll go one better,i HAVE,on numerous occasions put it in a litre of water with the other ingredients i've mentioned,and given to sick/dehydrated dogs.everytime it has resulted in recovery.may i ask how many dogs have you seen have muscle spasms/heart failure thru bi carb dosing,and what ammounts were involved.i can only comment on what i have seen with my own eyes,thru practical experiance.would be interested in adverse effects.

Why f**k about penny pinching when theres top quality products on the market that are not expensive anyway.

nothing to do with penny pinching,lectade,rebound etc are all good products and i don't believe i have advised not to buy them.i mearly answered the original question,which was,do you buy or make,i make, simply because the ingrediants in the above mentioned are very similar to what i make.and like i've stated,i have used mine for a good while with good results,so why change what aint broke?at the end of the day it's an individual decision.

nothing to do with penny pinching,lectade,rebound etc are all good products and i don't believe i have advised not to buy them.i mearly answered the original question,which was,do you buy or make,i make, simply because the ingrediants in the above mentioned are very similar to what i make.and like i've stated,i have used mine for a good while with good results,so why change what aint broke?at the end of the day it's an individual decision.

Just see little point in messing around when i can buy a cheap product made by a more qualfied & knowledgeable person with regards to ingredient quantities/balance. Like it or not most that do make their own up are penny pinching.

Why f**k about penny pinching when theres top quality products on the market that are not expensive anyway.

not everyone is on a decent income,or even works,maby if there so cheap,you wont mind sending him one to try it,its a good question imo

spongebob to answer your question NO i havnt seen a dog have adverse effects from this concoction because nobody i know uses it .... as for the bi carb FACT it can cause the above afflictions ...... as cupid said there are plenty of quality products on the market that are proffesionaly made and are very reasonably priced ..... oh and by the way i am far from being a boy ;) ..............

spongebob to answer your question NO i havnt seen a dog have adverse effects from this concoction because nobody i know uses it .... as for the bi carb FACT it can cause the above afflictions ...... as cupid said there are plenty of quality products on the market that are proffesionaly made and are very reasonably priced ..... oh and by the way i am far from being a boy ;) ..............

http://www.medicinenet.com/electrolytes/article.htm

a link for you to peruse at your leisure,you may also want to use google to search the link with bi carbonate and the electolytes.i think you'll find it is present in,if not all,certainly the large majority of the shop bought ones.

one last thing,if nobody you know uses this "concoction" and you have never witnessed the heart failure/spasms etc,how can you be so sure this "concoction" can cause these effects?it may very well be the case that large doses of pure bi carb may(tho don't quote me on it as i'm not sure).but here we are talking of 2.5ml to a litre of fluid,and by the way this concoction was not my own recipe but that of a pediatrician,and one very similar put out by a number of vets,there names elude me at this time,but if your interested in them i shall do my best to pull them up.

not everyone is on a decent income,or even works,maby if there so cheap,you wont mind sending him one to try it,its a good question imo

:laugh::laugh: I don't profess to be on a decent income either & those unemployed that are physically able should get up off their lazy arses & find work :D

I don't call £14.50 for a litre of Recharge expensive when you only use 10mls a time anyway.

It is a good question :good:

http://www.medicinenet.com/electrolytes/article.htm

a link for you to peruse at your leisure,you may also want to use google to search the link with bi carbonate and the electolytes.i think you'll find it is present in,if not all,certainly the large majority of the shop bought ones.

one last thing,if nobody you know uses this "concoction" and you have never witnessed the heart failure/spasms etc,how can you be so sure this "concoction" can cause these effects?it may very well be the case that large doses of pure bi carb may(tho don't quote me on it as i'm not sure).but here we are talking of 2.5ml to a litre of fluid,and by the way this concoction was not my own recipe but that of a pediatrician,and one very similar put out by a number of vets,there names elude me at this time,but if your interested in them i shall do my best to pull them up.

"you may also want to use google to search the link with bi carbonate and the electolytes.i think you'll find it is present in,if not all,certainly the large majority of the shop bought ones."

some have now changed to "trisodium citrate" as it has a longer shelf life,tho does the same job as the bi carb.

spongebob my point is this ... if there is a risk to using bi carb no matter how small then why bother .... there is stuff out there cheap enough ......... by the way do you live in a pineapple under the sea and wear squar pants ???????????/