Nuttal strain

i have been keeping working terriers for the last 25 years...and you should know that most of the dog story's are just that storys...and pic's of terriers with a bit of blood around there faces don't impress me.......it all comes down to standards.......

Let me just say that the last thing I am trying to do is to impress YOU! make sure thats known pal, I've got nothing to prove to no one on here and I don't care much what anyone thinks of what I do or say on here, not even in the least.

There is plenty of tall stories in this game, but the other thing I've become to realise is that there is also a disgusting level of jealousy and back stabbing in the terrier world as well mate. As hard as it is to find a good terrier, it seems its just as hard to find decent enough person working them that isn't either a jealous b*****d, bullshitter or an irrational gobshite. Too many people in the terrier game are stubborn ol' eejits, with nothing good to say about any other dog apart from the dogs out of the line they work, or even sometimes just the ones they're working themselves.

That's what I've became to believe, and your irrationality has only enforced that opinion unfortunately.

I know fairgame thru my brother and hes none of them things, hes just a straight talking bloke who knows what hes seen and knows what he wants, a lot of people dont like to hear the truth on these sites well thats what you get with fairgame he tells it like he sees it

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been keeping working terriers for the last 25 years...and you should know that most of the dog story's are just that storys...and pic's of terriers with a bit of blood around there faces don't impress me.......it all comes down to standards.......

Let me just say that the last thing I am trying to do is to impress YOU! make sure thats known pal, I've got nothing to prove to no one on here and I don't care much what anyone thinks of what I do or say on here, not even in the least.

There is plenty of tall stories in this game, but the other thing I've become to realise is that there is also a disgusting level of jealousy and back stabbing in the terrier world as well mate. As hard as it is to find a good terrier, it seems its just as hard to find decent enough person working them that isn't either a jealous b*****d, bullshitter or an irrational gobshite. Too many people in the terrier game are stubborn ol' eejits, with nothing good to say about any other dog apart from the dogs out of the line they work, or even sometimes just the ones they're working themselves.

That's what I've became to believe, and your irrationality has only enforced that opinion unfortunately.

I know fairgame thru my brother and hes none of them things, hes just a straight talking bloke who knows what hes seen and knows what he wants, a lot of people dont like to hear the truth on these sites well thats what you get with fairgame he tells it like he sees it

Has he seen EVERY Nuttall terrier work then has he mate?

I'm just trying to be fair here and all he's doing is using a bad attitude and throwing insults about.

If every Nuttall terrier he's seen work has been utter shite like he said they are, then I have no problem him saying that everyone he's seen is shit, but to say that they're all crap when there's people who work them and get results with them is ridiculous.

To be honest with you mate, I've had enough of going over it so I'll leave it at that.

but to say that they're all crap

i never seen a good one of them

Fair enough, that I can't argue with.

Thats what you believe and you said it staight and been prepared to have youre mind changed by living proof.Im suprised only one took you up.Or am I? Edited by threbb

hope the dogs work well for you on the day ,then maybe we can put all this to rest, fairgame mate did you not say them other nuttals you had up did good ,only shallow places but did the job and did they come back for a deeper dig like they was going too . :tongue2:

Edited by dog fox
Where abouts are you fair game ?? if you are within reason and you can garantee you have written permission the land owner or gamekeeper will be there to vouch for you and you have shotgun to dispatch or the quarry i,m up for a dig ;)

;) I'll vouch for Fairgame, sound bloke, speaks his mind take some sarnies and a flask or two, or he will rip the shit into ya !! as he's got a fair bit to go at !!

ps, I've seen some shyte Nuttals, also some shyte russells, bedlingtons, lakelands, borders etc etc..

if you have got a dog that'll work, go for it, he's sound.. :D

Where abouts are you fair game ?? if you are within reason and you can garantee you have written permission the land owner or gamekeeper will be there to vouch for you and you have shotgun to dispatch or the quarry i,m up for a dig ;)

;) I'll vouch for Fairgame, sound bloke, speaks his mind take some sarnies and a flask or two, or he will rip the shit into ya !! as he's got a fair bit to go at !!

ps, I've seen some shyte Nuttals, also some shyte russells, bedlingtons, lakelands, borders etc etc..

if you have got a dog that'll work, go for it, he's sound.. :D

when we out with the hounds.......you know i got the lad for them bolters...lol

hope the dogs work well for you on the day ,then maybe we can put all this to rest, fairgame mate did you not say them other nuttals you had up did good ,only shallow places but did the job and did they come back for a deeper dig like they was going too . :tongue2:

he came back twice...a good bloke...he had 3 dogs with him...two of the dogs were out after 25 min's and he hasn't got them anymore the other dog we dug him twice the first place he done about 30min's and he was bang on the money but the sceond place he was 3 feet back form it........the sceond time he came down with the dog he showed after 20 min's and f****d about abit let the game move so i say give him 20 min's to settle but he came out.....he still has the dog and is coming down again next season..he bought a new pair of pups and is getting on with it..the lad is only keeping dogs afew years but done right by the two that didn't make it{no free ads or trying to make apound out of them}.....plus he brings loads of food with him when he comes down....top bloke.... :clapper::clapper:

i agree he done right thing and fair play to him ,i dare say it happens and agree with what you say ,how old were the dogs was it there first season or had they had some experiance ,and lads make sure you put your seat belts on ive heard about his drivin :icon_eek: