Well i was up early today after having a good night sleep, i took a look out my window and to my surprise there was a bird i haven't seen in a while or ever as i had no idea what it was.

Took some snaps, went on the net and found out it was a Red-legged partridge, what a nice little bird. :clapper:

Pics coming up later today! :victory:

To big to upload so had to link from photobucket,

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/SgtMcMuffin/1.jpg

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/SgtMcMuffin/2.jpg

My digital camrea is only 7mb so bar with them pics ;)

EDIT:

Forgot the other pic which happens to be the best one,

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/S...in/ALIM0033.jpg

Edited by Sgt.McMuffin
It is a pure bred Red Leg too - not a half cross as many are

It is a cock not a hen by the way - don't ask me how I know - call it experience

OTC

not a half cross..?? crossed with what?? a english i presume... never heard of that before, you got a picture or a half cross(as there so popular) and a pure bred???

not a half cross..?? crossed with what?? a english i presume... never heard of that before, you got a picture or a half cross(as there so popular) and a pure bred???

90% of so-called Red Legged Partridges sold in the 1980's and 90's were actually half crossed with Chukar partridges or Rock Partridges. Easier to rear but infertile crosses for the 'keepers that put out thousands but did not expect or encourage them to breed.

Obvious plumage differences were that the birds were somewhat greyer on their backs and many of them lost the black speckling below the throat collar. On a true red leg there is only one black bar on the flank feathers where the crosses had two ;)

OTC

escaped from a gin and tonic fueled ten gun masscare probably! :laugh:

Wasn't there a problem just recently with you insulting people who shot foxes, I presume this is you having a go at driven shooting now is it?

OTC it is a long time since Chukar have been used so you would be very lucky to see a "half cross" and I doubt it was ever as high as 90%.

escaped from a gin and tonic fueled ten gun masscare probably! :laugh:

Wasn't there a problem just recently with you insulting people who shot foxes, I presume this is you having a go at driven shooting now is it?

OTC it is a long time since Chukar have been used so you would be very lucky to see a "half cross" and I doubt it was ever as high as 90%.

I read that post and he wasn't insulting them he was saying that he didn't agree with shooting foxes. :thumbdown: