Wheaton greyhound

I had a bull wheaton grey, untill very recently. And I would have a wheaten cross any day of the wek. Very smart in the field, awkward in the yard though haha

A great dog all round, soft as shit with people but had a wicked strike. Easy to train, but stubborn too. Was my best mate, she has gone to someone who will get the best from her. I would get the same tommorrow if I could. Great dog for everything I could want. Did ferrets, lamping and moocjing. Fur and feather. Best dog you could get I think.

I had a bull wheaton grey, untill very recently. And I would have a wheaten cross any day of the wek. Very smart in the field, awkward in the yard though haha

A great dog all round, soft as shit with people but had a wicked strike. Easy to train, but stubborn too. Was my best mate, she has gone to someone who will get the best from her. I would get the same tommorrow if I could. Great dog for everything I could want. Did ferrets, lamping and moocjing. Fur and feather. Best dog you could get I think.

Thanks mate, he really is sensitive, but smart and doing well, sorry you havent got her anymore,

just out of interest did you get him from south wales? i think the wheaton x is very underestimated by alot of people

No. I moved to NI from se england, and to be honest had never heard of the wheaten terrier.

As you say what an underestimated dog, and perhaps for the best, if it can be kept from the pet world maybe it can be a solely working dog. I would always have space for one, and would reccommend them. or their crosses to anyone who wants a working dog.

A great dog all round, soft as shit with people but had a wicked strike. Easy to train, but stubborn too. Was my best mate, she has gone to someone who will get the best from her. I would get the same tommorrow if I could. Great dog for everything I could want. Did ferrets, lamping and mooching. Fur and feather. Best dog you could get I think.

Thanks mate, he really is sensitive, but smart and doing well, sorry you havent got her anymore,

So am I. She went to a really good home. And I know she will be looked after and loved. And brought on more than I ever could. But that dog is missed every time i look out of the window, or lift a lead or pass a bury.

we have a 14 month old wheaton greyhound saluki cross. she is great indoors with the toddler and has just started catching on the lamp, great with the ferrets but as someone else said she can be stuburn and at times you have to be quite firm with her but we are getting there with her, she can be over sensetive at times and tends to sulk but we wouldnt be without her and she has fire in her belly when out doing what she loves to do.

mate i highly recommend the wheatan x iv had a few over years and love them

there brill fun and take longer 2 mature sumtimes thinkn they dont hav a brain

although great wif kids and easyily sociallable once they realise there job i think

there hard 2 beat

atb artful

this my 1st x

post-23642-1235585397_thumb.jpg

Hi we have a wheaton greyhound x , still young at 8 months

very intelligent showing good signs, anybody know much about this cross

Good points, and bad points..

We have saluki greyhound also, allitle younger than him, but she is dizzy.

so very different types of dogs

just got a 10months old wheaton . 3/4 greyhound 1/4 wheaton witch is catching rabbits and can jump great . now its in my hands it wont see a rabbit till 14 months in case it start barking then trust me it will be as good as my other 3 dogs working . i dont think u will have a problem with the dog if u let it grow up first trust me they seem to pick up things very fast dont hurry the dog :clapper: let me no later how the dog does .