Plummer owners please

Guest GLENN WELSBY

Guest Mr Keeps

Good posts Grubygrafter & Foxdropper :good:

The pics Keeps put up of all the dogs together was at the start of a day out ratting, when the rats were coming fairly slowly - we had a good few young pups out with us at the time - the day picked up, as it was expected to, the final tally was about 90 rats, so all the dogs got a fair go. The only jealous dog amongst them on this day was a lakie x The pics were really just to demonstrate that a pack of plummers will work together without major problems.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at a show a few weeks back when i saw a women with a plummer an lurcher next thing the plummer was hanging of the lurchers face . She never looked to happy went red as anything an promptly stormed of , i wouldnt have a unstable creature like that at a show thats for sure , from what ive seen thats there favorite pass time fighting other dogs .

I hope they apologised before storming off :blink:

yis chris

I was at a show a few weeks back when i saw a women with a plummer an lurcher next thing the plummer was hanging of the lurchers face . She never looked to happy went red as anything an promptly stormed of , i wouldnt have a unstable creature like that at a show thats for sure , from what ive seen thats there favorite pass time fighting other dogs .

I read this post earlier but thought nothing of it.. :whistle: .. it wasn't at the bedlington show by any chance was it...? because i was there and saw a little lady with load's of terriers and a lurcher have a bit of a problem like that .. :laugh::laugh::laugh: ..

Millet

Did you happen to know who it was Millet :whistle: :ph34r: :laugh:

yis chris

Guest rattingaddict

I read this post earlier but thought nothing of it.. :whistle: .. it wasn't at the bedlington show by any chance was it...? because i was there and saw a little lady with load's of terriers and a lurcher have a bit of a problem like that .. :laugh::laugh::laugh: ..

Millet

Yes it was , were you there ? i was i had a collie cross with me i would have said hello to people if i new they were there . Yes the lady with the mad plummer had red hair an looked like she was lickin the piss of a thistle , she was scowling like mad didnt look like a very pleasant women atall !! still what is it they say dogs are like there owners ? .

Made my day :D:D:D ...wonder who that could have been

Guest MOLLY
molly the only dogs fighting at the show last sunday was the BEAGLES all the time i was there :tongue2:;)

Beagles are known for their scrapping...perhaps thats where the plummers get it from?

It was in the morning, he said thats why they staked them out so far apart. The guy is a real gent and not prone to making up stories ;)

MOLL.

Guest MOLLY
[

:unsure: does that mean the bedlingtons have stopped scrapping now moll - now the plummers are around? :unsure: There have always been scraps at terriers shows, thats what terriers do!! Ask anyone - have a look here http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=571 The plummers at Selby this year were extremely well behaved - more so than the black dog and russell who won and promptly latched to each other. And its not just terriers that fight either is it - lurchers do too :yes: .....sometimes...

Anyone who owns more than one terrier knows what feisty little creatures they are and that they will fight at the drop of a hat - I kept (and rehomed) a lakie x that was the most argumentative nasty little terrier that I have ever known - it was passed on to a terrierman who couldnt keep it - it works - very well I might add, somewhere in Devon now but it will fight at the drop of a hat :search:

Do you speak for millet now too? :unsure:

As has been said earlier, why do you people continue to hijack these threads if you have no interest in plummer terriers surely the best thing you can do is keep off :wacko:

I think you seem to be taking this a bit personally Keeps?

Ive never hijacked any of the threads...check back, im sure you will. I simply responed so someones post and you then just HAD to respond to mine. Had you not then i wouldnt have mentioned anything else :rolleyes:

Of course the Bedlingtons still mix it at the shows and yes of course you get other dogs doing it....a bit of a silly comparison really. But the noisiest more aggressive groups seem to be the Plummers from my experience, NOT Millets, he does a good enough job of stating his opinions on his own :D .

Im really not intersted in the silly juvenille bickering, i really couldnt care less about Plummers...a dog is a dog imo, i simply passed an observation. Now if you wish to take everything personally you will be spending a very long time on these forums arguing your point, time best spent with the dogs :good:

MOLL.

Guest Keeps

Ive never hijacked any of the threads...check back, im sure you will. I simply responed so someones post and you then just HAD to respond to mine. Had you not then i wouldnt have mentioned anything else :rolleyes:

Of course the Bedlingtons still mix it at the shows and yes of course you get other dogs doing it....a bit of a silly comparison really. But the noisiest more aggressive groups seem to be the Plummers from my experience, NOT Millets, he does a good enough job of stating his opinions on his own :D .

Im really not intersted in the silly juvenille bickering, i really couldnt care less about Plummers...a dog is a dog imo, i simply passed an observation. Now if you wish to take everything personally you will be spending a very long time on these forums arguing your point, time best spent with the dogs :good:

MOLL.

Did I say your name Moll :no: I said "you people" so now who's taking it personally? If you're not interested in it why join in? :blink: - the title of the topic says "Plummer terrier owners"

Invited out with the mink hunt, and a bobbery pack, but we didnt have enough time this visit...so next time.

And much much more.

The downside's...my dogs decided to totally embarrass me by stealing a huge turkey carcass, 1lb of butter, full loaf of bread, and a tub of margarine when i didnt shut the kitchen door properly :realmad: .

3 fights between Terra and Tally (too much alike) but considering there were 4 terriers and 4 lurchers all living in the same house they got on brilliantly.

Terriers will be terriers won't they? :whistle: I spend plenty of time out with my dogs thanks :yes:

MOLL.

Did I say your name Moll :no: I said "you people" so now who's taking it personally? If you're not interested in it why join in? :blink: - the title of the topic says "Plummer terrier owners"

Invited out with the mink hunt, and a bobbery pack, but we didnt have enough time this visit...so next time.

And much much more.

The downside's...my dogs decided to totally embarrass me by stealing a huge turkey carcass, 1lb of butter, full loaf of bread, and a tub of margarine when i didnt shut the kitchen door properly :realmad: .

3 fights between Terra and Tally (too much alike) but considering there were 4 terriers and 4 lurchers all living in the same house they got on brilliantly.

Terriers will be terriers won't they? :whistle: I spend plenty of time out with my dogs thanks :yes:

Oh well so Tally (my terrier) had the odd scuffle with a new bitch trying to be dominant in her territory at least I can be safe in the knowledge that when she's working or at a SHOW she won't be latching onto anyones lurcher lmfao now you can scour my posts for anything that can be used in later threads

yis chris

Guest MOLLY

MOLL.

And much much more.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: ...considering you directed the reply to me by quoting my posts and all of the rest of the crap in your post was directed at me...it seemed logical it was directed at me.

You are sooo predictable :yes: ...ive been waiting since my first post for you to comment on the Terra n Tally incidents :rolleyes::rolleyes: .... They had the typical all noise and spit kind of fights, never made any contact...if they were serious fights do you think they would have gotten next to each other for a 2nd chance never mind a third, im sure most people on here will know what im on about, and before you start the insinuations i might be lying, there were other people present who will verify...honestly Keeps, your starting to grasp at straws now :laugh:

8 dogs all living together in harmony, apart from 3 little spats in a week. Would your dogs have tolerated 5 strange dogs living in your house with them, yours dont even tolerate each other ;)

MOLL.

Keeps said to Moll "Did I say your name Moll I said "you people" so now who's taking it personally? If you're not interested in it why join in? - the title of the topic says "Plummer terrier owners""

Unlike a certain Plummer terrrier forum the members on this board!!!! can and do!! join in in any topic they like :good: and can, and should!!!! make comment without having their views supressed or their membership arbritarily deleted because a certain breeder or her fans don't like whats being voiced

Tom

Ps I don't own a Plummer either :whistle:

Keeps said to Moll "Did I say your name Moll I said "you people" so now who's taking it personally? If you're not interested in it why join in? - the title of the topic says "Plummer terrier owners""

Unlike a certain Plummer terrrier forum the members on this board!!!! can and do!! join in in any topic they like :good: and can, and should!!!! make comment without having their views supressed or their membership arbritarily deleted because a certain breeder or her fans don't like whats being voiced

Tom

Ladies and Gentlemen........Tom has arrived on the thread :laugh::laugh: :whistle:

Tom

Ladies and Gentlemen........Tom has arrived on the thread :laugh::laugh: :whistle:

:laugh::laugh:

Ok my towpenneth, i don't own plummers never will but mostly what i hear on this forum is plummers are crap & few work so why would you all be bothered about them possibly being taken into any KC? surely you'd want rid of them into such a place if you thought they were now't but crap :rolleyes: As to the black dogs they are already registered with the UKC in the USA & talks of them being taken into the FCI over the next few years, England however is not part of the FCI so no worries there.