Plummer owners please

Guest GLENN WELSBY

if y wanna registered them in K.C. and FCI and do not wanna loose working breed, make same rules like the german hunting terrier has, it s the only way. jagterier never bacame a show dog. or forget about it, take a look on russells, fox teriers, lakies, welshterrier.... and many others. there is no sence to create working breed and than give it to showring f......

never mind whats said on these message broads, those pushing hardest for KC registration care little for the working ability of the terrier IMO they want and have always have wanted show dogs and then they can stand round with the rest of the failed terrier owners[westie,yorkies,parsons lol ] pretending what workers they have with no one questioning them, just another terrier to be chased down the road by a mouse :laugh:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Keeps
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: ... the joke continues :D ..

Stick with the PTA and as ive stated before cull all the new whippet X stuff hard..and stick with the old good stuff. :good:

Otherwise this breed doesn't stand a chance of becoming anything other than wages for puppy peddlers.. :no: ...

Millet

:laugh::laugh::laugh: oh milly me dear, you do spend a lot of time on these plummer threads... for someone who doesnt much like them :rolleyes:

Spot the whippy x :D

7c1f11c1.jpg

A rose between two thorns eh? :whistle: :D

Too right Pickaxe :good: All these ponces are motivated by is elevating themselves at the expense of a useful'ish "type" of terrier so as to turn it into some strutting stretched out shower of shite. Self importance and greed is the long and short of it.

Hopefully this will never happen to the black dogs in our lifetime :icon_eek:

Guest Keeps
Ive only ever entered in 2 show's because i was talked into it and both times i got a 1st and 2nd..

But at the end of the day it's far to embarressing for me prancing round the ring like a tit.. :yes: ..

And seem's as you mention it i can spot a whippet x in the pic.. :laugh::laugh: and it's not in the middle.. :laugh: .

Millet

I knew you'd like that pic :D

Guest MOLLY
Ive only ever entered in 2 show's because i was talked into it and both times i got a 1st and 2nd..

But at the end of the day it's far to embarressing for me prancing round the ring like a tit.. :yes: ..

And seem's as you mention it i can spot a whippet x in the pic.. :laugh::laugh: and it's not in the middle.. :laugh: .

Millet

:nono: ..you little fibber THREE times, you took Jazz into a show once for me and she got reserve best in show, your obviously very good at this showing lark :laugh::laugh::laugh:

MOLL.

Guest Keeps

Millet

:nono: ..you little fibber THREE times, you took Jazz into a show once for me and she got reserve best in show, your obviously very good at this showing lark :laugh::laugh::laugh:

MOLL.

Thats cos he looks the part Moll :D

Guest MOLLY
it must be his stunning good looks :D

:yes::D

seriously though, Kc recognition will just push an allready messed up breed even further into doom. those who have the real stuff will not give them up willingly to a bunch of rosette hunters to ruin and plunder for profit £££ :no:

Got nowt to do with me as i dont own plummers, but the thing which confuses me........

The majority of them are no good as earth dogs. They are no good as pets due to thier bad tempers and tendancy to fight. Now i dont know many people who need to keep alot of terriers or have the constant work needed for ratting alone. So...whats the point in having them?

I know some people are breeding worker to worker...thats fine, and i know some do make good house dogs...fine, but what about all the others being churned out, will this be the next dog most commonly seen in rescue centres?

MOLL.

Guest rattingaddict

Did you ask my permision to show my hansom face and stunning physique....

Whoever said it was you addict? :rolleyes:

must be another good looking b*****d then :yes:

Guest Keeps

They are about as bad tempered and quarrelsome as most working terriers..Ive never known more bad tempered dogs than the old JRT's we used to keep .........but I agree that they are generally unsuitable as pets.......mainly because they need to be worked and, if they arent, require a huge amount of stimulation/exercise to keep them happy.

Guest MOLLY
They are about as bad tempered and quarrelsome as most working terriers..Ive never known more bad tempered dogs than the old JRT's we used to keep .........but I agree that they are generally unsuitable as pets.......mainly because they need to be worked and, if they arent, require a huge amount of stimulation/exercise to keep them happy.

We will have to agree to disagree then. All the years ive been going to terrier shows, ive never seen any breed latch on to other dogs, each other, stand barking and growling as i do the plummers (PTA or PTAGB)

It always used to be the Bedlington terriers prior to the Plummers, these were the dogs you avoided standing next to at shows :yes:

Plummers are not like other terriers in temprement at all, the issue of their aggression is brought up time and time again on forums, so it must be well known. You dont hear people complaining about aggression being common with other working breeds?

At the falconry fair last weekend a bloke who didnt know what they were, and he is a very established dogman, said he couldnt believe their temprement, he was standing with the beagles next to the plummer show ring and had watch them latch on time again, and their general demeanour, so its not just me.

I agree all dogs require stimulation and exercise, terriers especially, regardless if they are bred workers or not. But the majority of people do not have big open fields, places to mooch and bush daily, or the ability to work plummers as much as is required to keep them calm. But from what i can gather even this isnt enough for alot of Plummers, if what ive personally seen is anything to go by?

MOLL.

why does it all end with the kennel club,its a faceless bastion that makes money from the breeding of breeds that cant work or are in the process of being ruined. take crufts show and take a harder look at the judges that judge on written standards that should be used to wipe thier arses. if its just to register a name it will fail miserably with the dogs temperment and working ability.look at all the terriers that are registered and all are fooked up with bad breeding, bad temperments and features that would make their forebares not able to reconise them today.... is that what you want... then my advise is to get another breed and let the plummers look after them selves.

Guest GLENN WELSBY
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: ... the joke continues :D ..

Stick with the PTA and as ive stated before cull all the new whippet X stuff hard..and stick with the old good stuff. :good:

Otherwise this breed doesn't stand a chance of becoming anything other than wages for puppy peddlers.. :no: ...

Millet

millet what do you mean by the "OLD LINE"

We will have to agree to disagree then. All the years ive been going to terrier shows, ive never seen any breed latch on to other dogs, each other, stand barking and growling as i do the plummers (PTA or PTAGB)

It always used to be the Bedlington terriers prior to the Plummers, these were the dogs you avoided standing next to at shows :yes:

Plummers are not like other terriers in temprement at all, the issue of their aggression is brought up time and time again on forums, so it must be well known. You dont hear people complaining about aggression being common with other working breeds?

At the falconry fair last weekend a bloke who didnt know what they were, and he is a very established dogman, said he couldnt believe their temprement, he was standing with the beagles next to the plummer show ring and had watch them latch on time again, and their general demeanour, so its not just me.

I agree all dogs require stimulation and exercise, terriers especially, regardless if they are bred workers or not. But the majority of people do not have big open fields, places to mooch and bush daily, or the ability to work plummers as much as is required to keep them calm. But from what i can gather even this isnt enough for alot of Plummers, if what ive personally seen is anything to go by?

MOLL.

haveing owned some of the forst fighters in the Plummer terrier lines I can vouch that they have been improved in this department..my terriers (7) will sit together in my L200 for quite sometime...20 years ago they would have to be transported seperatly i had a shed full of seperate boxes fro carrying them the 2 miles to my hunting spot...today I hunt 7 to mink (err no i dont thats illegal) an dthey pack well without any aggression ..mind mine a pure lines not bull cross.

i know of 4 pairs of nuttals in my small village as pets for old pensioners so mmmm intersting..

Guest MOLLY

Then your dogs have been trained well Glen, perhaps you have also learned as you have progressed with these terriers? The majority i have seen are not.

Imo most working dogs in general are good natured beasts, they get enough stimulation through working they have no need to fight.

I think Millet is referrring to the dogs prior to the outcross in 1998?

MOLL.