Cuileog!

here,s one for you,s i bred this dog back in 1989 , the bitch was my dog and the dog belonged to the brother of mick crawley of who i no little about ,the dog used was irish bred and was called culli as we new him ,the dog was the exact same as the balboa dog on this thread but with out the white on its head ,i do no that micks brother fetched this dog back over from ireland about 87-88 ,this dog was admired by a lot of people and is still remebered today anways what do you think

some more the lad in pic is now 21

Smashing looking dog what height and weight? the cuileogs breeding seems to be predominantly very thick set.

height was about 17 and weight cant remeber to be exact ,but he was a lump of a dog ,here,s a pic of the bitch only have two pics of her and they not that good ,but she was nicley set for a bitch

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here,s one for you,s i bred this dog back in 1989 , the bitch was my dog and the dog belonged to the brother of mick crawley of who i no little about ,the dog used was irish bred and was called culli as we new him ,the dog was the exact same as the balboa dog on this thread but with out the white on its head ,i do no that micks brother fetched this dog back over from ireland about 87-88 ,this dog was admired by a lot of people and is still remebered today anways what do you think

some more the lad in pic is now 21

Smashing looking dog what height and weight? the cuileogs breeding seems to be predominantly very thick set.

height was about 17 and weight cant remeber to be exact ,but he was a lump of a dog ,here,s a pic of the bitch only have two pics of her and they not that good ,but she was nicley set for a bitch

yes i no that mate thats why i posted it here, the father to my dog was over from ireland and his name was culli as we new him but could that have been cuileog pronounced in the right way ,this is what i was asking ,as he made all the SBT around me look small :rolleyes: cheers anyway

Allways makes me shake my head when dogs get talked about as being this way or that way bred and then when you look at the ped you see these 'names' appear once or twice way way back in the ped and are probably of little significance...in my opinion this chaseing of names on pedigrees is helping bring about the decline in the stafford as a working animal...breeders should be taking a very close look at the temperament and abilitys of the parents and grand parents first and foremost and worrying about the paper work second (but i suppose its names on peds that sell pups)...the previously mentioned 'socks' dog is a good example of what iam talking about for starters he was only 1/2 cuileog bred and i would guess he was simply bred worker to worker/best to best and not for fancy paperwork...

andrewp35 i think 'sylus' answerd your original question at the start of this thread

They were actually show bred dogs that ended up in the hands of working terrier men. The short and dumpy shape is what the show orientated breeders were looking for and it wasn't much of a handicap for the trialling game. Some of todays fanciers seem to be mixing up the term "working" staff as related to trialling, with another form of work which was a much more accurate test of a game dog. A lot of these trials dogs were no use at other forms of work.

Aka Brindle i dont think anyone is chasing names just wanted to see if their was anything tightly bred down from these lines as i am looking at adding a pup to the family in the near future.Regarding everything else i couldnt agree more with you and yes sylus, i think has answered my question in the first place.but Interesting read though dont you think?you cant beat a little History lesson can you? especially if you wernt around at the time. :)

Hi,is there anyone breeding tightly along these lines still?I know the man billy Rickard pased away a few years ago who owned the prefix/affix but there must be a few people breeding from the lines. Im looking for a pup with papers if possible July/August time. I live South of England but willing to travel anywhere in the uk for the right one.appreciate any help.cheers

my father has 2 bitch pups now he wont have any in august or july but there out of bill rickards stuff. bill rickard was a good friend of the family pm if interested

• 5 months later...