ferreting with nottzhunter08

went ferreting saturday where i saw a few rabbits whilst longnetting the other night.i met nottzhunter about 8ish with all the gear which we split between us and carried on with the 20 min bike ride.the first hedgerow we netted was about 10 holes but not long after entering the ferret the landowner came over.As we hadnt got permission he was abit annoyed with us poaching his land but needed someone to get rid of his rabbits and we were soon given permission and he showed us some warrens he wanted us to tackle.there was plenty of damage around his farm and we soon got to work on a huge warren behind his barn.we laid the 30 nets we had on us but there were still the same amount of holes yet to net so we filled them in which helped us put a couple more rabbits in the bag ,acting like a stopends the rabbits were caught by the ferret just inches deep into the holemouth.we only missed two rabbits but theres plenty more to go at as these warrens were too deep for only the 2 ferrets to work.farmer was happy with what we had caught as the old boy who also has permission on there was only taking one or two bunnys at a time and brought us out a cup of tea and chocolate.

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

seven big rabbs

DSCF1019.jpg

back out ferreting this sunday so nottzhunter could try his ferrets and take his pup out aswell.only had a couple hours out and bagged 3 rabbits.on the way back home we tried another warren just before it started getting dark but the ferret decided to have little rest .we were waiting for over an hour and she still hadnt came out yet.so we blocked one holeback in ,put two rabbit down the two other holes and tied them to a net each so they couldnt be pulled down .filled the holes in and went home as it was now dark.came back a couple hours later on bikes with the lamp and found the little jill with one of the rabbits.nottzhunter was relieved as she seems to be the better worker out the two,the other ferret started to work towards the end aswell.

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00006-1.jpg

bnp.jpg

good hunting

rew

you better get back up there and put a full shift in with ya dad, and get a good score and impress the hel out of the farmer.

he will proberbly bring ya a bacon buttie next time :clapper: good stuff boys keep it up

for deffinate mate ,we'll probabley have to wait for the weekend so i can get nottzhunter out again with us as we have got 5 ferrets between us.but still might give it a go again with my 3 ferrets when dads free next but we still need to have a crack at our other permission as hes saw an increase in bunnys attacking his rape.theres plenty to do just need to get myself right again.

good hunting

rew

it was a great couple of days out. and i was more than relieved that i fount my good working ferret. looking forward to more good hunting in future.also more tea and chocolate lol. must say pup was pretty well behaved first couple of warrens and then started giving a few moans and groans.

cheers lads

N.H

Edited by nottzhunter08

well done lads good going and wow kye is looking great say hi to the little man im glad hes doing you proud mate you were lucky to have him lol but i now hes in good hands and i gess you take after your brother wh all and rew you look good up the bank were you singing were ever i lay my hat thats my home lol coz thats wat i remmber you singing here every day all the best lads see you soon mlb :clapper: :clapper:

Guest world.hunters

Nice one lads keep up the good work keep getting that dog out as much as you can bro, i can see your putting in the time with him mate and im sure he will do you well.

keep it up take care lads

p.s that bike look fimiliar :whistling:

W.h