Deerhounds and deerhound crosses

mate penda? :D

Yeah mate TM you rimmer :tongue2:

At least im not the one putting up photos of a dog off some online rescue site just because its got a broken coat and to claim its a mates....? :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

YAH SON OVA BIATCH I SHOULD WHOOP YAW ASS FOR THAT COMMENT :feck::laugh:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Farlap

Depends on where they were bred and what you are running them on. All working Deerhounds have been out-crossed to Coursing Greyhounds somewhere along the line. I like to bring in a bit of Breardie to annd brains to the mix.

jim i have a working bred deerhound who most certainly does NOT have greyhound outcross thanks :icon_eek:

whats the breeding mate any ardkinglas

Guest ashwoodvale

i bought 2 deer x greys 2 and 1/2 years ago.it took them ages to start off,my black bitch was superb on the lamp but to excell on the long ears,she had 5 from 6 daytime single handed,then the electric wire ruinedd her on the lamp so i phtsIMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

i still have the dog and he was injured most of the season(feet problem)but the last 3 times out on the lamp,he ran well,pickin up 14 bunnies from 18 runsIMG_0581.jpg

i have 1/2 saluki x deer x,breed just for long earsIMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

i think he will be the real deal

roll on next season

Guest ashwoodvale
i bought 2 deer x greys 2 and 1/2 years ago.it took them ages to start off,my black bitch was superb on the lamp but to excell on the long ears,she had 5 from 6 daytime single handed,then the electric wire ruinedd her on the lamp so i phtsIMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

i still have the dog and he was injured most of the season(feet problem)but the last 3 times out on the lamp,he ran well,pickin up 14 bunnies from 18 runsIMG_0581.jpg

i have 1/2 saluki x deer x,breed just for long earsIMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

i think he will be the real deal

roll on next season

my deer x dog wouldnt catch a hare as he is way to big and heavy,but my lighter bitch in her day......no probs

so i like this breed alot

Guest Catcher
Hi guys, just after your opinions on deerhounds.

What are they like as a breed?(any pro´s and con´s)

How are they to train?

What were like on big game(pre ban) compared to other big game dogs, saluki, bull x ect?

Are they any good on rabbits?

Would you prefer a pure deerhound, 1/2 deer grey or 1/4 deer grey and reasons for your choice.

Any info appreciated

Cheers DG

:good:

collie/grey/whippet x Deerhound.Great big bitch had no problem dispatchen a fox.pre ban

post-20518-1237621245.jpg