Fifty Cal Shooters Association

15000 you sure? :tongue2:

I think I need to see the science of this. :tongue2:

Dont forget lead coating to barrel can affect also barrel length and bullet weight :tongue2:

The science on this is EASY, Demonstrable and Repeatable...speed, weight and a calculater..there is no lead up these barrels and barrel length is dealt with before a speed measurement is taken...as the bullet has left the barrel by then....GROW UP or ...stick to air rifles and your back garden!!!

Keep the toys in the pram mate harmless banter is all it is!

Seem to remember you cocking your head at my gunsmith mate building wildcat rifles ie the 22.4000 and his new .20

To each their own eh?

Dont forget lead coating to barrel can affect also barrel length and bullet weight :tongue2:

The science on this is EASY, Demonstrable and Repeatable...speed, weight and a calculater..there is no lead up these barrels and barrel length is dealt with before a speed measurement is taken...as the bullet has left the barrel by then....GROW UP or ...stick to air rifles and your back garden!!!

Seem to remember you cocking your head at my gunsmith mate building wildcat rifles ie the 22.4000 and his new .20

To each their own eh?

No chap..if that is what you thought or the way it appeared to came across you misinterpreted...I ask questions, look for reasons and explanations born out of curiosity and the desire to gain knowledge.......I don't take the piss!! :thumbs:

To each their own eh?

No chap..if that is what you thought or the way it appeared to came across you misinterpreted...I ask questions, look for reasons and explanations born out of curiosity and the desire to gain knowledge.......I don't take the piss!! :thumbs:

Call it quits then eh and start again?

All I know from the 'un-scientific' air rifle test we did in chimps back garden were that the 'results' we obtained from the 2 guns did show what was stated.

One thing also springs to mind, if what we proved to ourselves 'un-scientifically' happened, is why do people worry about police testing their gun with heavy pellets?

Surely a gun should be tested at ft/sec as opposed to a 12ft/lb limit?

Does this make sense?

To each their own eh?

Call it quits then eh and start again?

All I know from the 'un-scientific' air rifle test we did in chimps back garden were that the 'results' we obtained from the 2 guns did show what was stated.

One thing also springs to mind, if what we proved to ourselves 'un-scientifically' happened, is why do people worry about police testing their gun with heavy pellets?

Surely a gun should be tested at ft/sec as opposed to a 12ft/lb limit?

Does this make sense?

It is simply down to the law stating MAX 12ft lb without FAC...it does not state max speed or max weight.

If you simply looked at pellet speed you would end up with a lot of different "power" ratings depending on pellet weight!!

Shot a few rounds with a 50 cal about 16 years ago .

It was built using a boys anti tank gun by a maniac RFD i used to know. Not an experience i want to endure again.

Expensive rounds and a very small market when you come to sell the rifle.

Edited by coldweld
Shot a few rounds with a 50 cal about 16 years ago .

It was built using a boys anti tank gun by a maniac RFD i used to know. Not an experience i want to endure again.

Expensive rounds and a very small market when you come to sell the rifle.

Would that be a .55 Boys converted to .50BMG?

I take it if it comes off for you Deker, you'll be taking more safety precautions than this guy did..... :icon_eek:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">