What makes an airgun good

AzMaN

Howdie all (and happy new year)

Just a quick question id like to ask after reading many of the posts on here about gun choices ect. But what are the main points you choose your new gun on.

I see alot of people favour the s400, s410, s200 infact most of the AA range, yet some faver the HW100, HW97, and some Gunpower, BSA ect ect but why?

Howdie all (and happy new year)

Just a quick question id like to ask after reading many of the posts on here about gun choices ect. But what are the main points you choose your new gun on.

I see alot of people favour the s400, s410, s200 infact most of the AA range, yet some faver the HW100, HW97, and some Gunpower, BSA ect ect but why?

Air Arms S400 range are very accurate, fit most well, very easy to use (ie smooth and simple action), asthetically very pleasing to the eye and imo good value for money. As you can probably guess, i have one, lol.

Just bought myself a 2nd hand S16 and i know a lot of people loath em but me being a fairly big bloke with long arms it suits me down to the ground.

Been out with it most of the afternoon 7 rabbits later and a big grin on my face.

Like has been said earlier when you pick the right gun up you will know.

Regards FT

I had a hw95k, a tx200, a hw97 and a bsa lightining(not all at the one time). I liked all guns in different ways but of the 4 i prefered the hw95k the most, the combination of power, accuracy and build quality in a light package suited me much more than the tx or 97. Both guns very nice but a bit heavy for lugging around on long hunts i felt.

Due to financial circumstances i've only got the old tracker at the moment, which to be fair is a good little gun, fantastic handling and well built. A bit lower in power than i'd like but the rest of the package makes up for it.

When finances allow i'd like another 95k...

dont be a sheep!! have a look if you like a gun hold it feel it try it test it if you get on with it and it does what you need it to do then it will serve its purpose, ive had many and i like to try them all for it has to forfill my criteria when chosing a gun you need to be comfortable with it as its quite a big investment and you would want to keep it for a long time!! unless your like me an buy one every 3 months lol,

your right a lot of people do like Air Arms they are good guns but there not my cup of tea, didnt likt the feal of them, they just didnt seem that special to me but that is my opion, there are loads of guns out there i walked in the shop to buy a hw100 or a s510 and walked out with a bsa t10 tactical just coz i liked it and it felt nice so its all about whats right for you not what people say

hope this helps

yeh mate its all down to what you like

i liked the look of the BSA T10 and now i have 1 and to be honest its a very good piece of kit and i have got the bug so more will be bought when the cash is there..

once again the best thing you can do is either go to your local gun club or nip down to RFD gun shop and try them out the RFD that i use as always got loads of customers guns in and if you see one there you just pick it up and take a look...

atb rob

For me what makes a rifle good, is

1. A good amount of shots per fill

2. Not too heavy (if you holding it for 4 hours+ believe me you don't want it too be heavy!)

3. Accuracy there are a lot of rifles that you have to find just, the right pellet for otherwise they are like a sawn off!

4. Cost i have to say i have had rifles that were £1100 and were fantastic/incredibly accurate but then i have also had a £300 Scorpion that was just as good if not better (in it's own way)

5 The way it feels when you first put it to your shoulder, it's like it chooses you :icon_redface: I have gone too far haven't I :whistling: I'll get me coat :icon_redface:

lol well said mate,i found the scorpion very accurate in .177 but i do prefer the air arms s410 and will get a rapid if i sell my s410 but im not in any rush to sell it. i find the problem is once you have a good air rifle you want better, even when the gun you are buying may not be better just more expensive, then you also start turning them up to get better ranges, and then you want a 22 rimfire on a fac, thats how i feel anyway once you got the best you still want better.

im sending off for my sgc in the next day or se when the papers arrive, but im also temted to send off for the fac at the same time because its 50 quid each or 60 quid for the 2 as the officer only has to come around once, but im in 2 minds as i am 16 and sending off for the sgc is one thing but for the 2 is another and i dont want to rock the boat... although from what people have said i should get the sgc with flying colours as i meet all the criteria thats what i hope anyway...

shall i wait or send in for the 2.?

thanks for all this :) (im fed up with the poor shot capacity of my pcr1) just looking to put other peoples choseing methods into practice.

I'm looking to apply for my .22LR too but im waiting for my ex boss/landowner to fill in the references ect for me :) but I'm in need of a better rifle for pigeons in barn control.

Edited by AzMaN