What makes an airgun good

AzMaN

accuracy is the main thing because whats the point in spending loads of money on a gun because its a multishot and silent then to find out you carnt hit shit

so rearly the key things are accuracy, reliability, lightness (for holding over long periods of time), shot capacity (for pcp) and finaly looks (lets be honest if it dose everythin else perfectly, who cares what it looks like :p)

me i looked in mags and made a list of all the rifles that i like ,

whats in my price range .

then decided beech or walnut. on rifles that have wood.

then went to few shops picked them up ..felt the balance ,weight ,feel of it

looked it up down .bit like choosing a women lol .got to try it before ya buy it .if you choose wrong ,its lot of headache....just like a women lol

im safe she didnt see me type that lol

well i spend in summer more time with my rifle do any body ....

any way i had my heart on the airarms s410 9 months ago i tryed it +4 other rifles

now have bsa s10 bullbarrel carbine.22 in walnut. now blueprinted by john bowket .she gives me 100 shots regulated

Guest hyperion

gun fit is probably the most important thing when choosing a new air rifle!

if a rifle does not fit i.e feel comfortable in the shoulder and allows you to line your eye up with the centre of the scope your never going to shoot well with it no matter how good the gun is!

build quality is a bit of a missnomer these days as even the budget springers from the big name companys are well built even if the finnish quality, (wood to metal fit ect) isnt amazing!

acurracy is more down to you and how much practice you put in (paper punching, trying different pellets ect) than the rifle!

show me a modern pcp that clamped into a rest cant out shoot pretty much any marksman?!

yes some rifles are more pellet fussy than others but so what?, once you have found the right pellet the problem has gone!

and nine times out of ten the company that made the gun should be able to tell you the best type of pellet to use!

:whistling:

cheers

hyperion

first off if it can hit the mark everytime, so pellets are included in the 'set up', by set up i mean tuned to a pellet that the gun likes basically... so consistancy/accuracy.. followed by reliability. if the thing keeps changeing randomly there goes part the consistancy thing.

now the feel the size the weigh etc... what fits you is more important than a fancy paint job or a stupidly exspencive scope.

ACCURACY.