• WHIPPPET X
    • OTHER

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Countryboyo

For an all rounder that will go through rough ground, hard ground, soft ground, muck, shit, bog, rain, sleet, snow, thunder and lightning, misfortune, hardship, misery, mountains, valleys, lakes, rivers, consumption, mastitis, fog, rushes, hedges, ditches, dikes, forrests, famine, hail, wind, hurricanes thistles and thorns and catch fox rabbit hare deer and more pre ban would have to be the collie cross. The bull is too stupid, the beddie too weak, the salukie cant turn on rabbit the deerhound too clumsy on rabbit the whippet too weak. The F*****G collie will hunt anything, has the brains, the speed the turn the power the agility the whole F*****g lot lads. and a collie lurcher owner is a man thats in the sport for the sport not for the fashion and the look and he wont follow others like sheep.

Im going to get slated on this one arent I. F**K

For an all rounder that will go through rough ground, hard ground, soft ground, muck, shit, bog, rain, sleet, snow, thunder and lightning, misfortune, hardship, misery, mountains, valleys, lakes, rivers, consumption, mastitis, fog, rushes, hedges, ditches, dikes, forrests, famine, hail, wind, hurricanes thistles and thorns and catch fox rabbit hare deer and more pre ban would have to be the collie cross. The bull is too stupid, the beddie too weak, the salukie cant turn on rabbit the deerhound too clumsy on rabbit the whippet too weak. The F*****G collie will hunt anything, has the brains, the speed the turn the power the agility the whole F*****g lot lads. and a collie lurcher owner is a man thats in the sport for the sport not for the fashion and the look and he wont follow others like sheep.

ya ok mate so a sheep dog is yourdog!!! :whistling:

Threads a load of bollocks the lurcher in its own right is a make up of different breeds you only have a vote for a first cross.... how can you vote colliexbullxgreyhound etc most lurchers are of no major use as a first cross its allways the second cross ie the genetic percentage game makes up the true all rounder!!! a first cross bull greyhound is a good dog but not a true all rounder neither is a collie cross etc etc etc thread dont make sense to the true lurcher man..... only to kids who think they know what makes a dog!!!!

I think for a dog to be able to do all that it needs to be called more then all rounder, it would need to be called f*****g amazing.

Its not so much the breeding (collie x,deerhound x ect)of the dog,id say its more what the induvidual dog has in the tank with right minerals,brain,feet,strike,weight behind them ect ect to take a rabbit off the fence,kill a good hare,make short work of its fox and follow a roe over a hedge to pull it before it hits cover that would justify it being called allrounder.

The said dog would need to have a fair few strings to its bow,so i would say it would be more down to the induvidual dog whether it be bull bred,deerhound bred,suluki bred or even a bitsa with several crosses in it make-up for that matter :thumbs:

collie x best alrounders you will ever come across!!

VERY TRUE, a 1x or a 3/8 collie 5/8 grey, will take any thing, a top dog :victory:

Ah! but i do a bit with a fella who keeps a nice 3/8 collie bitch he bred himself bred from good stock...she's handy on rabbits,knocks over a few hares and has put plenty a venison in his freezer but wont even look at charlie never mind have a go at them but to back up my theory of its more about the induvdual dog ive seen a 3/4 collie do alright on everything aswell as fly into its fox aswell :thumbs:

Im sure theres some 3/8 out there that will do the lot but thats more down to the induvidual dog than its collie breeding.

What part of auss do shitzu run wild victor Ill be down with the rifle. LOL I own deerhound x and a saluki and I voted deerhound x ( so far she has taken all game verites she has been pointed at )

I bred a litter of bully stags out of her but they are just for the hogs.

stevemac